My Tractor Forum banner

Hinomoto E150D

17K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  l_canoero 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Not sure I posted this in the right forum, but I'll give it a shot.

I have a Hinomoto E150D and apparently there is not repair manual for this tractor. I bought it from a guy down the street and it ran fine. Everything worked on it when I parked it. Its been setting up since Sept. under a carport. Now it won't run. For some reason its not getting fuel out of the fuel pump. I took the fuel rails off that goes to the injector and no fuel comes out when the motor turns over. Now there is a nut on the side with a small screw and if I take it out fuel will run out of there. Did the pump go out or did it get clogged up from being set up for so long? Do I need to some how prime the pump or take the air filter off and squirt fuel down the pipe?

Thanks Chris...

#3 ·
:Welcome1: Hi Chris and Welcome to MTF!

I moved your post to the “Gray Market Forum” as your tractor was built by the Toyosha factory in Japan and not China :fing32: .

The Hinomoto tractors go back several decades, a very popular, reliable and one of the most durable machines produced for their country’s rice and dairy farms. The Toyosha company also built many models for Massey Ferguson, Simplicity and Allis Chalmers, exported here to the U.S. and sold domestically.

Replacing the fuel filter, draining and refueling the diesel fuel tank and opening the fuel bleed cap screws is nearly always the best fix to make the tractor ready to start. Ingested or trapped air before the fuel injection pump is a common problem and bleeding the fuel system is the quickest fix. 1- Starting at the closest cap screw (bleed screw) at, or near the fuel filter shut off valve by opening and allowing the fuel to dribble for approximately 10 seconds is the first step in the process. 2- After (gently) snugging the first cap screw closed, proceed to the next bleeder screw and do the same thing as done previously (open for ten seconds and close gently). Proceed to the last bleed screw, which I believe should be at the ’Banjo Fitting’ on the injection pump, open, bleed for the same duration as the others and then close.

With a fully charged (and good) battery, fresh fuel and the throttle handle pulled back two thirds AND the decompression handle pulled open for 10 seconds….and then released, your tractor will start! Be sure the gears are set in neutral and the clutch pedal is fully depressed.

Parts and consumables should be available from one of our dealer members located here: Len Sheaffer - Sheaffer Town and Country Tractor www.sheaftractor.net -

Good luck with your new tractor and keep us updated….and oh yeah, we love pictures if you’ve got them!

Mark

#6 ·
Hi Chris, The first thing i would do is to start by getting a new fuel filter...be sure to fill it completely full with clean fuel before screwing it in place. Then give it a try...if no go??...then start by cracking an injector line loose...(best if the closest one to the fuel pump)....spin engine over and see if you get any fuel leaking out around the nut to the injector...You may havbe to bleed all injectors in this manner...once you get fuel coming to all injectors...tighten them all up,and give it another try...should start. Let me know how you make out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.