My Tractor Forum banner

Briggs model no.?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  windfish 
#1 ·
I picked up a Simplicity 3410 over the weekend (tale here)
I need to goahead and order a carb kit and probably a head gasket for its engine, but I can't find the model # anywhere on it

If its the original engine, which it probably is, its an early to mid 70's. I'm pretty sure the 3410's shipped with a 10hp Briggs

See less See more
#2 ·
In your first picture I see the "humps" on the head. That leads me to believe that it is a 16hp. Not sure but that is what I was told. In your second picture you can see a decal on the bottom of the blower housing. I believe the numbers are stamped in just below that decal, or on the opposite side of the housing in the same basic location. I can't find the model # for my two 16 hp Briggs CI but I think it is something like 326341 ? I know that it was hard for me to find the numbers when I had to order the carb kit for mine. Good luck. I will look for mine and see if that number was correct.:thThumbsU

#4 ·
It looks like my '69 Allis B110 engine (243400 series), but I can't vouch for the head hump haman mentioned. On mine, the numbers are down below the carb, stamped on the flywheel shroud. On yours, it would be hard to see them behind the frame. Maybe if you remove the air breather it might be visable.
Joe

#5 · (Edited)
Geh. Found it, thanks hammon
It was indeed below the sticker that says "do not overfill the oil," right in the stripe of rust.

Managed to eek out 302431-0144-01-7401101, and that number thrown into the Briggs website does pull something that looks like mine - an old-looking horizontal 10hp Briggs I/C
I'm pretty sure it is a 10, the 16hp in my 7116 is quite a bit bigger than this guy.

Not positive on those numbers, as that rust spot does make it interesting, but I think I've got it. Cheers

Edit: Huh. Threw the number into google and I find that atleast the engine is from a 3414. http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/RepowerItems.asp?Brand=simplicity&Model=3414
The 3410's number is different, Briggs 243431. Same manual for it though, seems it covers the 10 and 16hp versions, with the 14hp sharpie'd in on the cover
I just gained an extra 4 horses, cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.