My Tractor Forum banner

1936 allis chalmers model b

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  LoggerLee 
#1 ·
My 18 year old son just brought home this model b that had been sitting behind some barn. Tires are shot. All the important parts seem to be there. He dented the gas tank bad loading it. My son is impatient & just wants to scrap it. I know it may be worth something to someone. Any offers? If not; Is the b really a good tractor puller? Somebody talk me into fixing it for competition.

#2 ·
I own a 47 B it is a good tractor I bought mostly due to the price it had a blade on the front best *** purchase i have made in many years i have had minor prblems with it i mean minor it just keeps going &going I would fix it you can get any parts you need on line if you still have it I may be willing to buy it i also live in mi e mail me if you have it

#3 ·
B's are nice little tractors, it would be a shame to scrap it if it's complete. You should check the serial # by the shifter to see what year it actually is, could make it worth more or less, they were not made in 1936.

#5 ·
I grew up on a 38 B. I have no idea as to how they are in pulling competition, but they are a very nice tractor, certainly worth a little effort.

Now when it is all said and done, no, they are not worth a fortune, but if I had a little more space, I'd go after a 38 B just for the nostalgia.

#6 ·
Wrest control of it from you're impatient son,they cost themselves money most times.

I was trying to buy a TD-9 crawler from some people,the son came zooming in and had it scrapped,the got about $400 for it,and a big ol mess in the yard from the scrappers cutting it up,I'd have given at least twice as much.
The darn tracks were like new :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.