My Tractor Forum banner

LT1000 fuel tank

8K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  bkatzman 
#1 ·
In the load of mowers I got a couple weeks ago was an LT1000. The guy told me the engine ran great but the gas tank was missing. As was most of the mower deck. I thought at the time that I would just swap one from another 1000 I have for parts. The mower deck fits but the gas tank for this one is located under the seat and the battery is under the hood. Trying to put the tank from my parts machine, which is opposite, I found that the engine (19.5 hp twin B&S) was in the way. Does anybody have a pic or something to show what the tank for this model looks like? I tried to look it up on the Sears website but the model number is partly rubbed out on the machine.

#2 ·
Fuel tank looks like this;

The part number (#31 above) I have for Model#: 917.271832 is ID#: #31 p/n: 157103 Name: Tank, Fuel

If you'd like the manual I can send it to you.

#3 ·
JD, I have one of those tanks if you are interested, you are more than welcome to it.

Seth K. Pyle

#5 ·
No problem, JD, that tank is in storage in my workshop. It isn't going anywhere.

Seth K. Pyle

#7 ·
Hello Bryce, yep I still have the tank and the cap to fit it. Send me your physical address, and an e-mail address. I will figure shipping amounts and send you photos of the tank still installed in the tractor.

Seth K. Pyle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.