My Tractor Forum banner

Homemade drag/harrow

88K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  PA318Guy 
#1 ·
For leveling out and filling in small holes (moles, dogs digging for moles, etc), I'm thinking of essentially a weighted box frame with chain link on the underside. Shoveling a little dirt into the frame and drag it around the yard.

Has anyone built a similar attachment? Any ideas for a better way?

Thanks,

#6 ·
very nice. I just might have to make me one!!

#8 ·
I built a mounted drag harrow. Used square tubing for the frame work and mount, the harrow will pivot up&down separate from the lift mount so that it will follow the ground. The mount lifts it and pulls it along, pivots at the frt of the frame and a chain from the top link mount to the back of the harrow. Pieces of 3/8" rod welded onto the frt of the frame hooks the chain link fence and at the back I brought the fence around&over the frame, used two pieces of flat strap bolted together to sandwich the fenceing. One piece of flat strap has two eyebolts welded to it, a chain runs from one eyebolt to the other, then I welded a piece of 5/8" threaded rod to the center of that chain, the threaded rod goes to a bracket so I can adjust the tension on the fenceing. It works great for finish work on a new yard before seeding. I made mine 4'x6', got to be careful when I turn a corner. If I had it to do all over again I'd probably make it 4'x4' instead.

#10 ·
i used a 3' piece of 1" pipe for the front left to right, cut 2 truck tire chains in half to have 4 equal lenghts , welded the chains to the pipe in a row at the front and at the back to a piece of 2x2 angle iron so the flats were on top and at back (like an upsidedown l) then put abou 50 1/4" x 2" bolts randomly dispersed thru the chain links to act like a spike harrow...works awesome and doesnt need any xtra weight....plus you can roll it up or hang it on the side of your shed when your done...oh an I welded a each end of a 5' chain to the outside edges of the pipe to hitch to my tractor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.