My Tractor Forum banner

417-8 Wheel horse for sale

12K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  glenn27 
#1 ·
I never intended to sell this tractor. I have had it for about 22 years and the only previous owner had it for 2 years. It starts and runs fine and has a 42 inch replacement deck and 42 inch blade. It has 997 hours on it. 17 hp Koehler engine. A 36 in sweeper goes with it. It has chains as well. My wife bought me a commercial zero turn mower and I have a bigger tractor for plowing so I can't keep it. $750 for all. I live in southeastern Pa. If I am posting in the wrong place, I apologize. I had to try a lot of new stuff to get this far.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Tom,
:Welcome1:
That's a tough decision to make. Can't you convince her that it's needed for the odd jobs that the zero turn & bigger tractor can't do?

Definitely a good GT and like Artpb said, someone should grab that quickly.

Maybe one of the moderators could move it over to the For Sale forum and more people looking for a good dependable machine can see it.

Meanwhile sit back and enjoy the forums. By the way.....:wwp: of your other machines.

#7 · (Edited)
Tom--glad you found someone who wanted it---hard to let a good machine like that go, after many years---I bet you gave it one final "seat-pat" as it left.
BTW--welcome here to MTF--come on and join in--a lot of Wheelhorse, and other tractor affeciondo's around here....

Now that I ponder on it a minute--let me ask your opinion of that tractor??
Reason-I am asking--I know where there is a 417-A, that caught on fire (top of engine only)--that I have been putting off doing anything about for now...But maybe in the spring----maybe in the spring..

How was the engine performance?Was yours the series II Kohler? How was the seating--I'm pretty tall, w/ long legs..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.