My Tractor Forum banner

new bx2360, 3 point hitch question

14K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  CHDinCT 
#1 ·
What a great forum, I've been reading for months in anticipation of getting a compact tractor. I finally ended up with my new Kubota and love it. The only issue I'm running into is that the three point hitch doesn't seem to go low enough. I bought a middle buster from tsc to help bury my four inch gutter down spout but the thing would barely go low enough to break the soil. I ended up having to use my dads 3520 jd which went plenty low. I wonder if it just needs time and use to loosen up because i notice that the bushings on the end of the lower bars were painted to the bars themselves, I had to bust them loose with a pry bar just to get them to pivot. Maybe I'm missing something any input is appreciated.

#4 ·
I would think your middle buster would work right with your 3PH, but if not, I had a machine shop drill another hole in each of my bottom arms about 1.5" - 2" closer to the tractor for $15. If I need an implement to drop lower, I can move my side links to the second set of holes.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies, I had the yellow one from tsc, maybe it is different than the orange one, at any rate I returned it and will continue to look for something that has overspray or something else holding it up. The bars just barely go south of horizontal, seems like it should go lower. Other than that this machine is great, I love mowing and using the loader.

#9 ·
I also have a BX2360. I got the orange midbuster from tractor supply last summer and used it to plow my garden last fall. It went in deep enough to stop the tractor in a few spots. It did a great job for me. most implements work on the BX but those like the king kutter XB line are sized and fit better for this tractor. I have there back blade and thinking about the orange 48 tiller. The bars on mine are also a pain. I wish Kubota would have masked them off when painting.

#6 ·
I also have the orange XB middle buster from TSC. Works great and does indeed sink to 10-12 inches.

Maybe someone can help here, but isn't there a connection between the 3 pt and the MMM height adjustment? Understand, I do not mow with my BX, but I believe I have heard that the MMM height adjustment is tied to the 3 pt in some way? Maybe I 'm just foggy about the remembrance.

In the future, go with the XB MB. I too returned a yellow one. It was simply too tall for my BX.

Attachments

#7 ·
The 3PH does lift the MMM; but the MMM height adjustment DOES NOT limit the 3PH in any way.

Think of it this way, the relationship between the MMM and the 3PH is like the 3PH is to the lift cylinder. The 3PH and the MMM Depth Limit control how low the MMM is; the MMM is free to rest higher than either limit but cannot drop lower than the highest.

#8 ·
BP Flick,
I hope you have your height adjustment set to "TOP". If not the lift arms under the tractor are going up and down also.

#10 ·
well i finally got the 3 point hitch to go lower, it wasnt going down because of the arms not being able to pivot up where they hook to the tractor because of the paint. it is supposed to rain this weekend, it might be the right time to scratch all that overspray off. thanks all

#12 ·
I have 3 or 4 orange implements, trailer hitch, 60" back blade, the middle buster, etc, but did buy a yellow cultivator. Could not locate an orange cultivator locally. I can tell you the yellow cultivator is really a bit of a pain with the BX geometry. I had to cut the "ears" off. They come with 3" extensions of the L steel right smack dab in wrong place. They interfere with the turnbuckle keeps of the lower arms. Bent mine silly. Got them straightened, but the sawsall took those ears off right quick like. Even so, the tolerances are whisker close.

Attachments

#15 ·
I'm trying to get the lower lift arms on my BX24 to go lower. I just got a Woods 48" Box Blade that has very low lift arm pins. They are just about 7 inches off the ground (ground to center of pin). When I mount it on my 3pt hitch it sits about 1.5 to 2 inches off the ground. My lower lift arms only want to get about 8.5 inches off the ground (ground to center of ball). I can tilt it back and use in the rear of the blade to cut, but I can get a cut with the inside blade at the back of the box.

Long story short, how can I get my lower lift arms to go lower. The guy I got the box from has a 10yr old 7300 kubota, and his arm will go to the ground. The box worked great for him. What is this overspray that may need scr8ped off? I either need my arms to go lower or the pins to be mounted higher and this Wood BB4 only has one place for lift arm pins. Any help would be appreciated.
Matt

#16 ·
Unfortunately this is a problem several have run into using regular Cat1 implements w/a SCUT.
Kubota raised the mounting point for the 3ph on the newer BX 50 & 60 series inorder to get a higher lift but a subsequent by product of this is the arms will only go down but so far. You're looking at either lowering the pins on the boxblade or drilling holes in the lower lift arms inorder to pin them to the lift links a little lower like Chris did.
Good luck
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.