My Tractor Forum banner

Tiller belt routing 214 w/31 tiller...AGGREVATING!

14K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  better before 
#1 ·
So I can't find a single diagram online that shows the tiller (31) belt routing, and this being my first time trying to set up on the newly acquired 214 I'm finding myself getting downright irked at this. Typically I'm pretty savvy at figuring this sort of thing out...but this stupid new belt has me completely perplexed.
Do ya think the JD dealer would be willing to print me off a diagram if they have one? I did just spend $69 on the belt, so that certainly helps my persuasion.

#3 ·
I just put pics up and explained this for someone recently. Like the last 2-4 days. Could have sworn it was you but it wasn't. Yeah, the mule drive hooks up on the frame just behind, below the engine. Uses mounts for the mower deck. Short belt from pto to mule drive and the long one goes all the way back to the tiller with the half turn like Jim said. Google 31 tiller and go to images. These were compatible with 110, 112, 210-216. It hooked to all of them the same. Is your rear lift installed?

#4 ·
Yep rear lift is installed, tiller is mounted just couldn't figure out the slack in the belt. I guess the 1/2 turn makes sense. I suppose it doesn't matter which direction you twist it...cw or ccw?

TIA

#6 ·
StWeiler I sent You a PM with some Help It for the 110 & 112 Fender decks But the Mounting & Belt routing is the same:thThumbsU

#8 ·
I'm at a loss. Either I have something routed incorrectly or I"m skipping a step on getting this belt to route through to the mule. Suggestions? Sorry sun is directly overhead very difficult to get a decent photo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.