My Tractor Forum banner

Puddle jumper

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  coachman 
#1 ·
Hello everybody

My puddle jumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire
Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Soil Machine

Just a bit of history - I got this tractor in a deal with my motor home. It was far from what I would call a running tractor, but I could see it in my mind. As I live a few miles from a scrap yard I was able to find what I needed to do the build with there. First was a new frame 4x4x1/4 angle - cost 5.00. Then a motor Wisconsin two cyclnder 17hp w/cluch build in, Sheet metal crushed by claw - distrubter bust off - but I could turn it over - cost 15.00. Used mag - cost 35.00+15.00 shipping. EZgo golf cart in very bad shap - cost 18.00. It gave me front axle parts - 4 rims/w ?tires - some metal. Six rotortillers some w/motors - cost 25.00. Four were rebuilt and sold - profit 180.00. Miss steel - cost 75.00. As it stands now I belive I am out 8.00 and I have been using it for almost 4 months.

This beast is far from being done and in the end may be totally rebuilt, but for the time being it is doing the job. Oh-yes two new tires w/rims 150.00 way to much but I needed the height.

Thank-you all for listening and if you wish to comment please do. (please for give me if my spelling is not right)
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Motor vehicle Car

See less See more
#2 ·
Anyone can go out and buy a tractor but to build one your self is something to be proud of.
I think you did an excellent job on it.
It looks good and since you've been using it for 4 months, it obviously works good also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.