My Tractor Forum banner

Cab Heaters

16K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Bart_1959_Dodge 
#1 ·
I am wondering if anyone out there uses an electric heater for inside their cab. I have a 345 which is liquid cooled but was told it would not have enough coolant circulation for that type of heat source. So, I have been looking for some type of small electric heater for inside my cab. Would an electric heater draw too many amps? Any input or opinions would be appreciated.

#2 ·
There is a lot more heat available from the engine than you'll be able to get from any electric source. A typical home space heater (1500 watts) would require 125 amps at 12 V. Where are you going to get that on a tractor? You could probably find a small coolant powered unit, but it would have to be plumbed into the engines bypass loop, not into the radiator.

#4 ·
Battery powered heaters are a joke. I had a purpose made one in my 425 cab, battery hard wired, drew 60 amps, I could fart and make more heat.

I am just finishing up a coolant powered system right now, I expect it will roast me out of the cab.

#6 ·
Kawasaki VTwin? It absolutely will circulate the coolant, Deere offers heaters for tractors with Kaw twins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.