My Tractor Forum banner

Lawn Boy Push mower Questions

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  BDM53 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hi! Not sure of the model without better pictures or more info but appears to have a bail so post 1983 year. Seems to be a push rather than self propelled as well but hard to tell. You could easily part this out and make back well more than the $25.00 investment but it would depend what you are interested in it for. If you are looking for a mower for yourself or one to flip then it would only be worth the money if the motor has good compression and is not seized. I paid $125.00 for a 1996 push Lawnboy, one owner and very clean, but had to put no money into it. On the other hand I have purchased two different mid 70's D series Lawnboys at estate and yard sales for $25.00 each. One did not start and the other did start but ran poorly. Didn't take much money to make either of them good running, usable mowers. Also make sure there is no damage to the deck such as missing pieces, cracks, etc. Surface rust is easily cleaned off the handles with as SOS pad or similar method if it is not too bad. Make sure wheels are not worn through or excessively loose. Also make sure bail cable is not frozen as well as the throttle cable. Again, pretty hard to go wrong for $25.00 but it depends what you expect to get for that. Hope this is helpful. Bill

#3 ·
Well,i got the mower for $20.

Model #... Can anyone tell me about this model? engie type?

The pull cord dosnt retract in all the way. can anyone help me on this?

And i dont think this is the airfilter cover....it looks like a mulch plate for a mtd.

IT does have good compression though.And yes i have the gastank,ect; i just took it off.
Anyone have a manual or parts schematic?
:thanku:

#4 ·
Hi! Your mower is a 7351, 1988 aluminum deck push mower with the reliable F engine. This model was made in 1986, 1987, and 1988. Here is a link to Lawnboy.com with some information about your mower. You can also download the Lawnboy service manual through this link. Typical cause for the rope not to retract would be a broken recoil spring although it could be something else. The service manual may be of some help in disassembly. That plate does look like a deflector for an MTD so search eBay for the correct air filter cover which should be part number 93-1231. Good luck in getting this running. Shouldn't be too hard to clean the carb, check exhaust ports for clogging, check for spark, etc. If you need any help we are here to answer any questions. Bill

https://support.lawnboy.com/portal/...ID=217&PageID=30006#productSpecificationsPage

#6 ·
:drunkie:ITS ALIVE!!!!
I cleaned the carb and she fired right up!Anything else i should do? Should i clean the muffler ports? Now I wish i could find more 2-stroke Lawn Boys. Down here in Charlotte,N.C I dont see many...:dunno:

#7 ·
Hi! Great to hear you got it running with minimal effort. Since you don't know what has been done to the mower I would check the exhaust ports to be sure they are clear. Sharpen the blade and invest in a new air filter and plug and you should be good to go. At some point if you have access to a way to check RPM's you could see how it is running. Just be sure it's not running too fast. Better that it's a little slow than too fast. Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.