My Tractor Forum banner

New (to me) Kubota B6000

37K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Mahynder 
#1 ·
A few weeks back I picked up this B6000 with a 48" flail and 44" belly mower. This is the first diesel tractor I've ever owned. I've gone through and fixed the few minor things it needed, re-upholstered the seat and fabricated a front PTO guard. Outside of that, it's runs and operates perfect. My knowledge on these machines is reletively limited. I'd like to identify the year of manufacture and/or just get some opinions on the good/bad of these tractors. Any thoughts/comments welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

p.s. you might notice that the right grab handle is present in some pics but not in others - I was fixing the reflector in the middle of taking pics so the first few it was off :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Greetings Matt . Without serial #'s my guess on the production years would be mid to late 80's vintage . From the picture you have it looks to me like the front tires are somewhat oversize in diameter (could be a optical illusion) but I would recommend checking into that before I used the 4wd . As far as opinions go I would wager to say you are going to be quite happy with it . I have a few compact diesel tractors and have found them to be very reliable tractors . These japanese tractors are quality machines and the Kubota brand should have plenty of parts resources available if you need any . Yours looks to be in very good condition too .

Mike

#4 ·
Mike,

I have to crawl around and see if I can find the serial number. No idea where it is on this thing. It's actually in very good condition. The lady I bought it from was the original owner and only used it to mow 3 acres of grass and occasionally used the flail to clear the edges of the grass field. The front tires (aside from being mismatched - lol) are 6 x 12's, which I don't think is the original size.

#5 ·
I knew about the reverse spinning motor/PTO's etc. I've also read that the front PTO reverser is a desirable option. Is the big honking thing on the front of my machine the reverser? The PTO spins but the outer section so-to-speak spins free and independent from the shaft and has wire with a connector sticking out....

#6 ·
The reverser goes on the rear PTO and very hard to find and if your front tires are not the correct hieght I would not use the 4x4 on it till the correct tires are put on. I found this same model tractor two months ago but was second in line to get it and lost out it needed engine work but had the reverser on it.

#7 ·
Like others have said, the front pto was an option for the belly mower and snow blower. The pto reverser went on the rear for 3 point attachments.

I just picked up a B600e (2wd). I bought it strictly for the woods CCW RM59 fininish mower and front dozer blade to use on my Satoh beaver. I may end up keeping it as it runs and drives, just needs some tinkering.

#8 ·
I had a chance to finish my brush guard / PTO guard / light bar. In an attempt to make it look like something that would have been Kubota factory, I found an orange Warning decal on eBay and had the seller make it to the dimensions I needed. I also added a set of lights to it that I picked up at a swap meet this weekend for $5. I blasted them, primed them and shot them with color. I'm pretty happy with the results.

I'm finding that replacing the original headlights is a bit of a nightmare. I can't seem to find 3.5" sealed beam lights anywhere. I know the originals had a bulb insert which I might try to modify with a standard Halogen H4. All I have are the light housings. Everything else is missing - even the wiring. Any thoughts?

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
It looks like you swapped out the useless factory headlights too huh? Just yesterday I fabbed some brackets and converted to 55 watt H3 halogens. So much better and cool looking too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.