My Tractor Forum banner

Plow hookup for Cub Cadet 147

15K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Bronx boy 
#1 ·
Recently I acquired a 147 without a plow, I was able to buy this plow which I believe from seeing other photos that it is from a Cub Cadet.

First question is how can I find out if mine is a narrow frame, and are there any instructions or measurements or diagrams available to make some changes or to fabricate parts to make the one I have fit the 147.

Second question, the photo shows what I think is the mower deck frame and it should be removed to allow for the plow frame.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The 147 is a narrow frame, but I don't know what you might need to modify your plow. Looks like you need the lift rod, and yes, the mower deck carriage needs to be removed. Have you tried fitting it to the tractor? It should mount much the same as the deck carriage.

Bill

#4 ·
On the wide/narrow frames: I was surprised to discover that the "wideness" of the frame is only at the front of the tractor, that is, at the engine bay and Quick-Attach links --they're both same dimension through the center and at the rear of the tractor.

So the plow frame isn't going to fit at the front.

Of course, that doesn't take overall length into consideration . . ..

#7 ·
troye: I think you might be able to adapt a narrow frame blade to a wide frame tractor, but honestly, I don't see how you're going to be able to adapt your wide frame blade to fit a narrow frame; unless you just make up a whole new piece that goes from hitch to blade. If it were me, I would be looking for a wide frame tractor for your wide frame blade, it might prove cheaper and easier in the long run. --Just a thought.

#8 ·
Like I said before the part of the plow in front of the undercarriage is the same. Both my wide frame and narrow frame plow are about 9 1/8" wide at the pins. The narrow frame undercarriage does not go into the quick attach it bolts to the frame above it. I don't have electricity in the barn anymore so I can't take good measurments tonight but I'll get them tomorrow. The narrow frame plow subframe is not bent like the wide frame one so it could be made easily with some flat bar and a piece of plate.

I stuck the narrow frame sub carriage on top of the wide frame one so you can see. I was holding a maglight in one hand and the camera in the other so sorry about the quality.

#12 ·
Careful the are actually 3 Sub Frames Before the wide Frame quick attach
The Narrow Frame Sub Frame for My 106 uses the quick attach and does Not Bolt to the Frame which is what the 147 would Use as well

Narrow frame Non quick attach series 2 & series 3 Models 70, 71, 100, 102,122 & 123

Narrow Frame quick attach Models 72, 73, 104, 105, 106, 107, 124, 125, 126, 127, 147

For Sub Frames You can check with any of the Cub Cadet Bone Yards Here http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=172824
:thThumbsU

#13 ·
Careful the are actually 3 Sub Frames Before the wide Frame quick attach
The Narrow Frame Sub Frame for My 106 uses the quick attach and does Not Bolt to the Frame which is what the 147 would Use as well

Narrow frame Non quick attach series 2 & series 3 Models 70, 71, 100, 102,122 & 123

Narrow Frame quick attach Models 72, 73, 104, 105, 106, 107, 124, 125, 126, 127, 147

For Sub Frames You can check with any of the Cub Cadet Bone Yards Here http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=172824
:thThumbsU

Are the two versions of the narrow frame subframe the same overall dimensions other than the quick attach part? I probably have the wrong sub frame as well. I have a 147 also. I just got the 147 this summer and never had the plow on it yet. I thought the non quick attach plow would bolt right up since the frame has the same hole that the earlier cubs had. I really could care less if I have to bolt up the plow rather than just push it into the quick attach.

I didn't get around to making the measurments yet but I will sometime this week. I just hate to see you use the dimensions if they are pretty much the wrong ones.

#11 ·
Amen for saying so, that NF sub frame for 149.00 is WAY over priced. I seen those go for 10.00 - 30.00 . Maybe someone would trade you're WF for a NF subframe.

#14 ·
Since I Have the deck off My 106 I will Just see today If the Narrow Frame Bolt On from My 70 will work On my 106.(Never Have tried it) I think the engine will Interfere. See I Have a QA36A for My 106 Broke One of the quick attach Pins Off so I Bolt the Thrower to the 106 Now:thThumbsU

#15 ·
Sorry it took so long. I got called out of town on an emergency buisness trip all last week. The only think I'll mention is that my subframe is slightly bent open at the part where it mounts to the plow so the width im measuring at the two upright bars with the hole are larger than they should be. I suggest you measure the tractor frame and make that width match the frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.