My Tractor Forum banner

1954 F100 is worth what?

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kentucky wildcat 
#1 ·
I hate it when people do this, and yet, here I go. I'm going to be listing a 1954 Ford F100 for sale soon. Usable front fenders, probably usable rear fenders, good cab, fair hood, engine is complete (not started in at least 10 years), I think the frame is good, 239 V8. So... yes there will be pictures, soon I hope, but if you will give me a low to medium value based on this description I'd be much obliged. There's no rush, if you answer tonight.:thanku:

#2 ·
I missed one about like you describe a short while back for @$2800. It was stick and did run, had the usual rust but was very restoreable.
Condition is everything. You say "Usable" in your description. But then we get into what is usable? I consider usable as restorable with some work, possibly a patch panel and a bit of straightening. Much sheetmetal and most mechanical parts are easily available.
Shoot me some pictures, I am interested. Or pm your phone and I'll call you.
thanks

#5 ·
here in MN I gave up just shy of 400 bucks to keep a '69 4x4 from gettin scrapped. Here's how it looked the day I drug it home:

https://picasaweb.google.com/snparow/The69?authkey=Gv1sRgCIOci6aO4f_LKg#

I had to put 4 wheels on it, and address some hob-cobb brakework to make a driver out of it. Oh, and a battery. But it runs, drives, and stops fine now. The body metal is full of cancer but the drivetrain, frame and inner body panesl are all sound and tight. In fact the inner fenders & firewall are brand new. It'd take me about $800 to get the cab cleaned up and ready for new paint. Another 2500 or so to get a reproduction bed on it. (drop shipped to my driveway & fully assembled is about 3 grand... less if I put the bits together once it arrives). Those numbers are just parts, not freight & **my own time/labor.** Hauling it to a shop and letting them do it would be ungodly money-wise.

I still get people stopping in to ask me if I want to part with the ol Ford. Some guy pulled in with a trailer and thought I'd part with it for 600 bucks a couple weeks ago. I chase scrappers away from it all the time too.

Around here a 4x4 that works & runs -regardless of what the body looks like - can fetch around 1500 and up. *not that I'm looking to sell the ol '9. My wife wants me to make it parade-pretty so we can run it with her mom's '72 ambulance-conversion in the local parades. (gunna be a while b4 my ride is that clean haha)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.