My Tractor Forum banner

44" snowblower for X320

15K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  MXZRXP 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I am looking for some feedback on this. I have a X320 and looking for a snowblower for it. Hard to find in Ontario and JD dealer asks $2100 for a new blower. Now I know I could go with a Bercomac, but they are not that much less in $$$. The only used one I found was this:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...wer-used-1-season-Like-new-W0QQAdIdZ224589212

I found no other snowblowers for my tractor that fit without modification. I am not really a metal fabricator, so I am not good enough to make something work from another older model.

Now my questions:
1. Does a blower from a current L model JD tractor fit the X320? Maybe with very little work/mods? I know the X300s and the L models are not that much different.

2. What are you guys opinions about the blower on kijiji (see link)? Is it a good price? It does not come with the lift assist spring kit (required for my tractor) and no weights (even if you can see them on some pics).

I might have the option to send a truck down to pick it up (it's too far to drive for myself - over 7 hours one way). But would anybody buy this item without personally looking at it? I wanted to try to offer maybe $1300 for it.

I am very thankful for any feedback. I have been reading through this forum for a good year before deciding to buy my X320 and I am really happy about all the information that I found. I hope at some point I can be of help for others as much as this was of help for me.

Thank you all folks!!!

:thanku: :greendr: :thanku:

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi guys,

I am looking for some feedback on this. I have a X320 and looking for a snowblower for it. Hard to find in Ontario and JD dealer asks $2100 for a new blower. Now I know I could go with a Bercomac, but they are not that much less in $$$. The only used one I found was this:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...wer-used-1-season-Like-new-W0QQAdIdZ224589212

I found no other snowblowers for my tractor that fit without modification. I am not really a metal fabricator, so I am not good enough to make something work from another older model.

Now my questions:

1. Does a blower from a current L model JD tractor fit the X320? Maybe with very little work/mods? I know the X300s and the L models are not that much different.

2. What are you guys opinions about the blower on kijiji (see link)? Is it a good price? It does not come with the lift assist spring kit (required for my tractor) and no weights (even if you can see them on some pics).

I might have the option to send a truck down to pick it up (it's too far to drive for myself - over 7 hours one way). But would anybody buy this item without personally looking at it? I wanted to try to offer maybe $1300 for it.

I am very thankful for any feedback. I have been reading through this forum for a good year before deciding to buy my X320 and I am really happy about all the information that I found. I hope at some point I can be of help for others as much as this was of help for me.

Thank you all folks!!!

:thanku: :greendr: :thanku:
Hi, first the price for the new one is right for us Canadian (I pay that in 2009)

The blower form the "L" series will not fit on the X300/X500 series, they only share the same housing, all the pulley and bracket are different.

About the one at KIjiji it look like in very good shape, you'll have to replace the 2 small pulley we see in the picture and probably the belt too (the belt $35.00 the pulley around 20.00 each)

If I where in your position I'll take the one at Kijiji, they are very well made blower and I see some in worst condition selling for the same price. :goodl:

#5 ·
First thing I thought of, when I saw the pics was you Stladrill and those pulleys you taught us about.
Why the belt I'm not replacing mine after 1 season ??

#8 ·
At Markcuda: Maybe I should move back to the states, I always have the feeling Canadians get ripped off, but I don't want to start that discussion now. thank you for your feedback.

At stladrill: I did not know that if the pulleys look rusty that could be an issue that quick. I have to check in on that. Thank you.

I asked the seller for the serial, just to be save and am now thinking if I want to go and check it out or just have our truck pick it up next time he is down there. Feels strange to pay so much money without looking at it first.

Thank you for all your feedback!

:thanku: :fing32:

#11 ·
Hi guys,

thank you for all your help and advise. I got it all to work! Had to get the connection rod and a bunch of stuff to connect the lift assist spring to the blower. It ended up being $300 in parts in total with the pulleys and for simplicity I bought all bolts, nuts and washers from JD with the specialized stuff to not have to worry and finding the right ones. In any case, I got it to work. I also had to cut down the chains, they were from an X5XX with these HDAP tires and were way to long for my tires. All in all it took less than 2 hours to get it installed plus maybe 30 mins to get the chains figured out.

In the mean time I also bought a 17P poly cart through the internet and used it big time to haul gravel and wood. Great find too and a hundred bucks cheaper than new. Overall I got all I need and everything works great.

You guys are all awesome help for me, I hope I can return the favors at some point!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.