My Tractor Forum banner

Attaching 42" Snow Blade to C160

10K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  wkmcgee 
#1 ·
:banghead3 OK, it seems so simple, but I could not get the blade attached today. Would you recommend attaching the rear mount first? Is the blade just attached to the rear & then to the lift assembly in the middle of the tractor? I could not get the shaft in the holes in the back. Tried to lift it & hook it by myself & just couldn't do it. Then I tried setting it on blocks so I didn't have to lift it so far, but still couldn't get it attached.:banghead3

When I went to hook the lift assembly in the middle, I don't think I was doing that right either. Here are some pictures of what I have. This blade was attached when I bought it, so I know it fits, etc.

The part in the last picture (short link?) was attached to the part in the first picture with the bolt that is in picture 1. From the drawing on Toro, it looks like it is attached to blade & lift assy with clevis pins. Is Pic #3 the lift assembly? The drawing shows a lift bar. Do I attach the short link to the part that sticks out on the lift lever in Pic 2 or to the hole to the left with a clevis pin???

I am sorry guys that I am so new at this. I'm in training, remember!! :fing32: Any help you can give me is always appreciated.
Wanda

See less See more
#3 ·
OK, that resolves that. Thanks so much.
Wanda

#4 ·
Do I need to take the blade off, install the frame then remount the blade? Is that the trick?

#5 ·
Wanda, I get it all lined up, Mount the Lift Link - Raise the blade, and it should fall right into the rear hitch, and hold it there...allowing you to close and pin hitch...

#6 ·
Wanda.....

I put the bar of the plow frame in the rear quick hitch first.
I use a short car jack (out of my corvette) and jack the bar
into the slots in the quick hitch. You may have to go to the
front of the tractor and nudge the whole plow to the left or
right to square up the plow frame to allow the bar to fit into
both sides of the quick hitch. Once in place....clamp it in
with the clamp arms. Then go to the front of the blade and
raise it up and set it on blocks as high as it will go (you could
use the jack here also). Then pull your impliment lift arm up
until it locks in the "up" position. Then you can attach the
mid-lift (in your picture) with your pins and bar (you also have
shown). You can then take it down from the blocks (or jack)
in the front.

You can also take the time to adjust the working height if you
do not have a cement or asphalt drive. Lift the plow and set
it on blocks again until it is approzimately 1/4" to 1/2" above
a flat level surface. Lower your lift arm and adjust your lift
limit adjustment knob.until your arm rises slightly. You can
now lower your plow and it should ride at the above measurments
so you won't scrape up a pile of rocks when you plow snow.
If you have cement or asphalt.....you can let the blade scrape
the surface of the drive. But it is entirely up to you.

Keep us posted....

#8 ·
I haven't tried yet. Sorry. I had to work on that pesky left wheel hub again. I can't figure out why it still works itself loose.

Having a family bonfire tonight in the garden, so won't have time until tomorrow. I'll let you know though. I printed out your instructions. Thanks.
Wanda

#11 ·
I did use my tractor with wagon attached to take my great nephew for rides around the farm. He was afraid of the noise at first, but after his first trip he was hooked. We had a blast! Hopefully, will attach blade tomorrow.
Wanda

#14 ·
Are you guys members of redsquare too?

#16 ·
Belong to a bunch of different forum--i.e. Jeep/Toyota Trucks/Gun World/Red Square/IH Cub.....But this is the first and last resting place...

Enuff said!!:Welcome1:

#17 ·
Thanks for the help. I checked it all out this morning. May get a chance to get it on today. Thanks. Wanda

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.