My Tractor Forum banner

New 48" snow blade

13K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  mikethefixitman1 
#1 ·
Hello all. I'm new to the board, and this is my first of hopefully many useful posts. I found this site while researching snow plows on the internet, and I have already found a lot of great information here.

I'd just like to pass along that buymtdonline dot com currently has an Arnold universal fit 48" snow plow on close out for $173 plus $20 shipping. This is the same 48" snow plow that Sears sells for $360 - $380.

I put mine on my Craftsman DYS4500 and used it for the first time this week. The plow works great compared to my shovel, and I'm really happy with it. My only dissapointment would be that the plow mount rides lower than I'd like because of my front deck mount.

The front deck mount on my tractor hangs down directly over the bars that connnect the front of the plow mount to the rear of the tractor. Without the front deck mount, the plow mount could easily be 3 inches higher. I don't see the ride height of the plow mount being an issue, but being able to raise the blade another 3 inches higher would be nice when backing up.

All things being equal, I just plowed about 4 inches of snow, my back doesn't hurt, and I'm only out $193! I just wish I had a longer driveway as this set up really is overkill for my 1 lane 40' long driveway.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
zuidema1, have fun with the new blade. Sounds like a real nice deal.
Welcome to MTF!

#6 ·
I got another 3 or 4 inches of snow today. I plowed it when I got home at 10:30pm. I hope the neighbors didn't mind because I was really having a lot of fun.

If I hadn't found this deal on the plow, I would have spent twice as much money on a single stage walk behind snowblower. The snowblower wouldn't have been this much fun.

#9 ·
ZRXMIKE, I looked at some pictures of the LT1000 on line and a LT2000 at Sears today. I don't see any reason why this plow wouldn't fit your tractor.

The plow chassis is adjustable for tractor length and frame width. I bet this plow will fit most every lawn tractor on the market.

#10 ·
You have piqued my curiosites.. they alos have a 46 inch dozer blade that looks a little heavier in the blade for 339.. which sure beats the pants off of the craftsman 16 inch tall... Now I am just curious as they say fits "MOST" I would like to know if these would fit my DGS6500

#11 ·
I took a chance and ordered the plow from MTD Online. It arrived in a few days and the box was intact.

I own a new Sears 6500 and a old Hechinger Branded MTD Tractor. I attached it first to the MTD and it works just fine on the flat driveway. Two small lower hood bracket brackets need to be drilled out then sandwiched back to their old location with the two front support brackets.
It can be raised higher if I flip the steering linkage to the top side and another inch of height can be gained.

I have compared the Sears manual (48 inch Snowblade) to this one from Agri-Fab and they are a match even sharing part numbers.

Two small parts were missing from the install....nothing critical.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the plow. Good Deal IMHO

#14 ·
Lost Pup,

Thanks for posting the pictures (I hate my digital camera). You can see in one Lost Pup's pictures how the plow chassis mounts to the front of the frame. This plow should fit just about any lawn/garden tractor out there.

These plows are great geal. It seams like I had 3-5 inch snow falls once or twice a week in December. I shoveled all of it.:banghead3 I got my plow the first week of January, and it has only snowed a measurable amount twice since then. The plow works greats and I haven't used it nearly enough.

If anyone has given any thoughts to a snow plow, I don't know how you can beat $193 delivered to your door for a NEW snow plow.

#15 ·
A local bargain place had a few of those Arnold plows for sale at $99 apiece . Didn't think anything about them since I already have a couple of types/sizes on hand . Thinking about it now , I probably should have picked one up .

They are also the ones I got an Earthquake auger bit for $10 from , NIB. Found out they are $110 , lol .

I'll have to look , but I bet they still have one or two of those blades left for $99 .

#16 · (Edited)
I have a huge box layin in the shop now that looks alot like that. Looks like a 100 pieces. IT's a Sears Craftsman 48 inch snow plow. Ill be assembling this week for a customer. Wish me luck. IF all else fails My wife will assemble it she loves jig-saw puzzles.:thThumbsU I think she is SHIPPING AND RECIEVING anyway so that's her job. :thThumbsU

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.