My Tractor Forum banner

clearance on 8n compression test

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  JohnW 
#1 ·
I tried to get my compression checker threaded in on my 8n but the gas tank is in the way....are there any tricks to this? do i need to remove the gas tank and hood to do it?

also which forum do I post question for a 1955+ hundred series ford in? this one or the ford/new holland board?

#2 ·
I tried to get my compression checker threaded in on my 8n but the gas tank is in the way....are there any tricks to this? do i need to remove the gas tank and hood to do it?
You shouldn't need to remove the gas tank... assuming that the gas tank is properly installed (we recently had a thread where the poster was having similar problems... only he was just trying to remove his spark plugs... and come to find out, he had either a "non-standard" gas tank... or his tank was improperly installed).

I'm not really sure what to tell you to help... other than to say that it IS possible to get a compression guage in there (assuming that you have a guage with a flex hose? and you're "remoting" the guage?).

also which forum do I post question for a 1955+ hundred series ford in? this one or the ford/new holland board?
Yes.
Either one.
The Ford/New Holland forum is really "designed" for the hundred series Fords... and we can move your thread over there, need be.

:goodl:

:MTF_wel2:

#5 ·
thanks..well i got my compression hose in there and was able to get a cold comp check...reading from rear to front cyls....90,105,100,80

what do ya think about that 80? i'm hoping after its warmed up and run some seafoam through it that it comes up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.