My Tractor Forum banner

RX73 Deck help

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Kris 
#1 ·
Hey all. I have a little RX73 mower and ran into a problem yesterday, literally. I was mowing and I hit a big tree root with the blade.

The shock from the impact caused the blade pulley to break clean off the shaft. It looks to me like a weld broke because I don't see any other way the pulley could have been attached to the shaft.

Basically I want to know if the pulley is welded on there from the factory and what I can do to fix it. Can I just bring the deck somewhere and have the pulley welded back on or do I have to replace the whole pulley/shaft assembly? What kind of costs am I looking at?

Thanks for any input anyone can give!

#5 ·
How do you like the RX73? I get mine last summer. The guy give it to me for FREE of course it wasn't working. I try to fix it and it was running fine. But during the winter my uncle remove the cover from it and all kind of dirt get into the engine through the air filter(i'm missing cover from it). Know I took the whole carburetor apart.
I have found a electrical starter for it. Do you know if I can purchase a grass container for it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.