My Tractor Forum banner

YTH22V42LS and ? YTH23V42LS

14K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Dougw133 
#1 ·
I have been looking at the US Husqvarna web site and these models are not listed.

The Canada web site lists the YTH22V42LS but not the YTH23V42LS. My local dealer has the YTH43VLS in stock....$2399. Has Vanguard engine and locking differential.

These are 2010 models but does any one have any experience with these. For some reason the Vanguard engine seems more comfortable (gut feeling) to me rather than an Endurance engine. Is there much difference in the two engines?

Either the 22 or the 23 seems to best fit my needs, but Husqvarna does seem to change models quite a bit. I guess most brands do.

Thanks

#4 ·
Dealer had some leftovers. I got the XLS with the locking diff and Vanguard motor and never looked back. Go to a small motor repair and ask about motors. Two different service guys told me the Endurance seems to have diff tolerances depending on which tractor it is made for. Vanguard is solid and really commercial grade ( not just a decal). Vanguard is rated around 3000 hours. Not sure about the Endurance.

#14 ·
Doug..My dealer took $200 off list for the tractor and 10% of parts and free pickup & delivery,there is five dealers within ten mi near me in central CT so there is competition.
I think your dealer thinks he has you buy the balls...:goodl:

He thinks he is selling a Harley :hide:

#10 ·
My closest dealer marks down 100.00 from MSRP...can not get him to budge.

I am probably gonna get the YTH23V42LS over his 2009 2042LS.

The pluses are:

2010 model
newer fabricated deck
3 more HP
Vanguard
locking differential (not sure I really need that)

Negative is a 500.00 price difference.....1899.00 vs 2399.00.

I can more likely do as well with the 2009 2042LS. I am still a bit concerned with the transmission on both.

The mowing is not a concern on either. However for a time frame I will be hauling rocks/bricks/dirt and can not get a good handle on how well the Tuff Torg K46BT (2009 2042LS) and the Tuff Torq K46LD (2010 YTH23V42LS) will stand up to 500 pound loads. Other than part of the yard having a small rise where the septic drain field is, the yard is flat...1 acre yard with only about a 1/2 acre mowing surface.

#11 · (Edited)
You want the Vanguard and the locking dif. I would be concerned with hauling too much with the little K46 transmission and no ground engaging at all. You should be ok since you say no hills. This is overkill for a half acre lawn but you might want to look at a GT with a K66 tranny or better if you want to work the earth. This might be in your price range, made in the same factory as the Husqvarnas:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...cName=Riding+Mowers+&+Tractors&sName=View+All

#12 ·
Well I envy you littlejohnnie. If you can get the YTH23V42LS for 2399 I would do it. Think of what you get for the money. Overkill maybe, but if it's what you want :)

I am going overkill with it too. I dont know where i'll be in 5 years. I am not exactly rooted yet so If I jump from 2/3 acre mowable to 5 acres I'll be glad I bought what I did. If I dont, well, I'll still have one kick A@@ ride! Now I just have to find an honest dealer. I wish husky would upgrade their website so I could actually compare these. Good luck.

#16 ·
ggsteve,

I just went by Sears and looked at the GT5000.

The manual transmission for 2499.00 and the hydrostatic transmission for 2699.00 are in some sort of close out price.

There are several ground engaging attachments that would definitely work, but my garden is going to be somewhere between .1 and .2 acres...lol...I might be over killing by a large degree when I might be able to get a decent tiller to handle it...and get some exercise too.

The engine on the GT5000 is a Kholer Courage 26 hp...is that a good engine. Also the tuff torq K66 transmission....do not mean to be talking Craftsman on a Husqvarna thread...sorry

The 54 inch 3 blade deck is of a concern for my little estate.

Dougw133, my closest dealer is about 25 miles away with the next closest being about 40. Here in eastern N.C. they do not have close competition. However I just heard on the radio of a Home and Garden show that is just a few miles from where the closest Husqvarna dealer is and that is Mar. 13/14...I am going to research that and see if the dealer will be there. ...he might have some better prices there as he does seem to have a fairly large inventory of 2009 models with a few 2010 models also.

We shall see. At any rate I had a fellow hauling some dirt and leveling it out where my garden is going to be....his Mahindra broke down today in my yard....LOL...

Good luck on "laying down the cash"... I am looking at purchasing a Honda FG110 tiller and the YTH23V42LS from my closest dealer and he will not budge. The Honda is from another dealer that went out of business and seems to be a good machine and the price is 359.00 which seems lower than some I have seen.

#18 ·
ggsteve,

I just went by Sears and looked at the GT5000.

The manual transmission for 2499.00 and the hydrostatic transmission for 2699.00 are in some sort of close out price.

There are several ground engaging attachments that would definitely work, but my garden is going to be somewhere between .1 and .2 acres...lol...I might be over killing by a large degree when I might be able to get a decent tiller to handle it...and get some exercise too.

The engine on the GT5000 is a Kholer Courage 26 hp...is that a good engine. Also the tuff torq K66 transmission....do not mean to be talking Craftsman on a Husqvarna thread...sorry

The 54 inch 3 blade deck is of a concern for my little estate.
Yes, it certainly sounds like you can get along without a tractor for that garden, and a 54" deck! The Kohler is a good consumer quality engine, but the Vanguard on the tractor you are looking at is better. If you're getting a fair deal, I don't see how you can go wrong with that one. Good luck!

#17 ·
It's tough these days. No one does any kind of bartering. Given I am only 26, I grew up watching my dad haggle back and forth with the local car dealer, the Vacuum store guy, and of course our local small engine dealer. Im sure many of you did as well. It certainly isn't like car shopping, you look at the sticker and knock 3000 off in your head right away. I'm not trying to skin these dealers but I never realized what a different age it is until looking for this tractor. Previous years I would have found that dealer or two that would be like, "I'm not making a dime off this now! But yeah I can do that price", knowing he still made out and you met half way. It is actually a bit insulting now. I really hate to buy from the box store, nor' can I get the model I want from a box store, but if the "little guy" doesn't want to provide the service and prices that keep coming back then I would be wrong to support their business. If I dont get the price i want tomorrow, on a more realistic not, I am just going to wait it out. Call every other week or so and see if they still have it hoping they get more desperate for someone to take it off their hands.

I keep going back and forth trying to convince myself to spend less on a craftsman or a Bolens or something. I'm trying to tell myself I'll be able to afford more accessories and a bagging system if i just settle. Still thinking about it, but I know I'll regret it a little bit if I don't go Orange :)

#19 ·
ggsteve, thanks for your suggestions.....opened my eyes to other options.

I have to laugh...if it was up to me I would have a single wide trailer in a rental lot with no yard.... all I care to do in my retirement years is fish and drink my beer, not keep a yard.however my lovely wife has other plans even though she loves to fish.

Dougw133, must be nice to be so young...lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.