My Tractor Forum banner

Snapper transmission noise

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Ken N Tx 
#1 ·
Hello, first time poster here-I have a Snapper RER about 7 months ago new.It is a 12.5hp rear engine 30 in cut version. Foward speeds all work fine but when i use reverse-and brake it makes a groaning/grinding type noise when it comes to a stop in reverse. does not happen when brake is used going foward.Any suggestions? thank you Jim

#2 ·
:Welcome1: Jim !, pleased to have you aboard here with us :)

I don't know what the issue could be with your tractor, you mentioned it is only 7 months old ?. I would think you got at the very minimum a years warranty on it, most brands give two years, anyhow I would contact the dealer you got it from, and if it is under warranty, then they will take care of it for you.

#4 ·
Before I went to the dealer with the problem (and you should) I would want to know and see what's making the noise.Stand that boy up and turn the wheels while in forward gear,apply brakes and watch.Do the same the other way.BTW--:Welcome1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.