My Tractor Forum banner

Any experience with a Percise Fit Dump Cart from Lowes?

8K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  grnspot110 
#1 ·
I am in the market for a dump cart and have been shopping around. I cam across this unit at Lowes and it looks intersting given the price point.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=227725-53370-BTC002D&lpage=none

It is steel and has sides that can be folded down. I went to lowes to see it they had one on display and they were only in boxes. Box is heavy as ****, so it must not be too flimsy. It is probably a bit bigger than I need but I would rather error on the side of too big than too small. I am hoping for some feedback because it is either this or the 12.5 cuft poly cart from Sears which is about $60 cheaper.

Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
I bought that exact cart 2 years ago, and so far I've been very happy with it. I've mostly used it to move wood, bags of sand and cement, and brush. It's handled very heavy loads with no problems, and no deformation. I've had it stacked to the top of the side rails with wood many times with no problems. The tires have held up very well: I've never had to put air in them despite all the debris I've run over.

There are two "features" I haven't used though: I don't dump the cart (I have a poly cart for lose materials), and I don't lower the sides. My cart is outside all the time, so the slide latches have rusted. Removing them is possible, but difficult. Do yourself a favor and coat them periodically with WD-40 or something like that.

#6 ·
I bought that cart from Lowe's about 2yrs. ago, only problem I see, it could stand a paint job already (dulled). As CCinCT said, the hardware rusted, but what do you expect from China? :Disgus: Overall, a good cart for the $$$. If you use the rail on top, I put hairpin keepers in the two holes where the side rails meet the front rail to make it easier to fold down. ~~ grnspot110

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.