hand made bar stools [Archive] - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

: hand made bar stools

simple_john
04-06-2005, 10:03 AM
ok these are hand made.. but just not by me...
i got them from an old timer (about 80 if i had to guess) in oxford maine...

these stools are awesome.. they are wicked comfortable and very 'as-s' friendly.. (note the seat shape)

the stool is wicked sturdy.. holds my fat butt and does not so much as creak at all.. Great stools..

they are cherry.. i took a pic of an older one and the 2 we just bought.. to show how cool cherry wood is.. look how much darker the old stool is..

in a few months the new ones will cure or whatever the process is.. but they will darken right up to match the old stool...

bontai Joe
04-06-2005, 10:24 AM
They look pretty AND comfortable! A rare combination in today's furniture. :fing02:

CatDaddy
04-06-2005, 10:41 AM
Very nice! I wouldn't mind a set like that for our new house. Don't know what the wife would say though.

Steve (Magnolia, TX)
04-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Those're awesome!!!

I think that I'd like 3 or 4 for my house... and the wife'd probably like them, too.

Of course, being able to come up with the fundage for that quality is something that she and I would have to work out....

Steve

simple_john
04-06-2005, 11:16 AM
thanks steve.. we bought the 1st one about 4 years ago and my g/f has wanted to get rid of the regular stools/chairs and replace them with these ever since..

there are no backs on them.. but you dont need one.. they are wicked comfortable.. and the guy makes backs for them.. the backs look real neat too..

they were pricey.. 120$ per stool.. but ive paid 30 for crappy ones made overseas that are no good after a year or 2.... these are rock solid.. hand mad and made in maine...
plus and not to sound like a cad here.. the guy is pretty old.. i wanted to get them before he retired or stopped making any more..