Patio Redo - Grout and Seal next [Archive] - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

: Patio Redo - Grout and Seal next

Wingnut
08-03-2005, 11:21 PM
It was part of my Honeydo list this summer. I have now started grouting tonight after much procastination hoping the graden-nomes would do it for me. So I had to get on my knees and do it myself.

I better get this finshed before doing anymore work on the Ferguson!

Archdean
08-03-2005, 11:41 PM
It was part of my Honeydo list this summer. I have now started grouting tonight after much procastination hoping the graden-nomes would do it for me. So I had to get on my knees and do it myself.

I better get this finshed before doing anymore work on the Ferguson!

Looks good Wing!!

drbailey
08-03-2005, 11:53 PM
Looks real good wingnut,
Deans also , we (my wife and myself ) have decided to try our luck with the patio stone . when it cools off. Did you over lay the cement with the stone ?
if so , how do you attach it to the cement.
I have a cement porch and a short side walk . if I did this , I would like to over lay those. :bonk:

Wingnut
08-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Thin-set in the tile area at Home Depot. Since y'all are adhering stone to cement use Custom Blend $3.98 for a 40 lbs bag. Don't waste your time with Master Blead (it's made to adhere tile to woods, cement, etc. ) it cost $7.98 for a 40 lbs. bag.

Power wash your cement and let dry before apply thinset also clean off your stones (dust and such). Latex gloves 100 count box in paint section (thinset will pull all the moisture out of your hands)

drbailey
08-04-2005, 12:15 AM
Wow !! thanks , no gambling there , Thanks wingnut , I`ll copy the info and carry it with me to HD . One more thing , did you put down a sand base ?
I`ll keep a pic. progress log. :hatsoff:

Wingnut
08-04-2005, 12:24 AM
I use a sand base, even for adding on to the slab.
I pulled the old rocks up and I am planning of make another patio by my creek. I will use a sand base there to level them out and use grout to fill in the gaps.