Gr 2110 thacher [Archive] - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

: Gr 2110 thacher

conquest
09-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Can anyone tell me what kind of thacher works on a Kubota GR2110..Thanks

Volfandt
09-16-2008, 07:21 PM
I don't know if theres a particular brand that will front mount on your GR2110 but you can do a search for universal de-thatchers and theres quite a few offerings. The easiest would be the tow behind, available at most big box stores, but there may be a way to mount a front mount also.
FYI, theres a train of thought out and about that recommends to use a plug aerator to condition the lawn as opposed to using an de-thatcher. Their reasoning is that the de-thatchers bring up dormant weed and crabgrass seeds so that they'll more easily germinate.
I'm going on my 2nd yr of using a plug areator and I can see the benefit with only 2 uses (late fall and early spring).
In any case good luck, someone may have used a de-thatcher on a GR series with good success.

Great8
09-20-2008, 06:44 PM
I agree with Volfandt. I have a GR2110 also. I got a AgriFab Plug aerator and have found it to be very useful. Plus I mulch my lawn and you would think it would need some de-thatching but it doesnt

Mayor
09-20-2008, 06:59 PM
I also use a plug aerator and it has helped my lawn in so many ways but every year I do use a cheap tow behind de-thacher on my front yard. The front is bluegrass and seems to build thatch. If you don't have a PLUG- aerator then I would start with that. If you do then check out the CUT attachment area for some pictures.

LLigetfa
09-20-2008, 07:12 PM
I just scalp and sweep the lawn first and last cut of the season and that takes care of the thatch for me. I find if you cut it too short all the time, there is not enough moisture to rot the mulch and then it does tend to build up.

locknut
11-25-2008, 12:12 AM
I just scalp and sweep the lawn first and last cut of the season and that takes care of the thatch for me. I find if you cut it too short all the time, there is not enough moisture to rot the mulch and then it does tend to build up.

Someone posted on another forum last summer wanting to know what the uncut circle was on a GR2000 with a 48" deck.I didn't have any idea,so I pulled it out of the garage and proceeded to cut a crop circle in the back yard.I forgot that I just put the deck back on and the cutting height was all the way down.Skinned it almost to bare dirt.When it came back to life it was the best looking stand of grass on the whole lawn for the rest of the year!

FYI,the uncut circle was 44".