My Tractor Forum banner

hydrolic problem on a 5300

8K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Brian H 
#1 ·
Hello I am new here but at work we have a JD 5300 with a JD 540 loader I use the tractor alot and I changed the hydrolc fluid a few week ago (10 gals) and it worked fine untill some one new used it now when you lower the loader bucket a hydric sqeal noise happens and it straineds the motor but you can lower the bucket slow with out the sqealing noise by not pushing the lever all the way forward, Any one had or heard of this problem?
Thanks ,
Brian

#2 ·
You did use HyGard when you replaced the fluid, correct?

You have checked the fluid level, correct?

I assume you cleaned the screen as well as replacing the filter?

If you didn't clean the screen, then the squeal is probably the relief valve...

#3 ·
No, I used "NAPA AW46" hydraulic oil oops did I screw things up? I told my superviser that the book called for the Hygard stuff but he sayed its all the same. and I did change the filter and cleaned the screen (some metal bits in it) Thanks for the quick reply
Brian

#4 ·
Well, I've never had a problem in JD equipment using HyGard...:rolleyes:

https://jdparts.deere.com/partsmkt/document/english/pmac/4968_fb_HyGardsTransmissionHydraulic.htm

Service Ratings

AGCO
Massey Ferguson: M1135, M-1141,
M1139, M-1143
White: MQ-1722, Q1766, Q-1766B,
Q-1802, Q-1826
Allis-Chalmers, Deutz-Allis, AGCO Allis:
Power Fluid 821XL
CNH
Case, Case-IH: MS-1207, MS-1209,
MS-1210, MS-1
Ford/New Holland: ESN-M2C41-B,
M2C134-D, M2C48-B, M2C48-C,
M2C159-B/C, 159B/C, M2C86-B,
FNHA-2-C-200, FNHA-2-C-201
Caterpillar: TO-2
Clark: MS68
Deutz: Hydraulic transmission fluid
Dresser: Transmission hydraulic fluid
(HMS B806-0002)
Eaton Hydraulic Division: Hydraulic transmission (Form3-401-123)
IHC: B-6
John Deere: All-weather hydraulic fluid
(JDM J21A)
Kubota: UDT hydraulic transmission fluid, Super UDT
Oliver: Type 55
Sunstrand: Hydrostatic transmission
Zetor: OT-H, GL-4
ZF: TE-ML03E, 06D, 06E

http://www.deere.com/en_US/parts/partsinfo/oils_and_lubricants/oil_hydraulic.html

#6 ·
It sounds like you have a restricted hose or fitting somewhere. I would look closely at all of the lines and hoses from the loader control valve to the loader boom. Make sure there are no kinked hoses or oil lines. Could also have a cylinder problem. I doubt the oil is the problem, although I do prefer using original equipment oil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.