warranty registration [Archive] - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

: warranty registration

Loren012345
06-13-2008, 05:22 PM
The John Deere Web site says: "Warranties for equipment purchased at a John Deere dealer will be registered automatically for you by your dealer."

John Deere - Homeowners - Warranty Registration
http://snipurl.com/2hhjy

How does one know this happened correctly?

My dealer delivered a tractor with a 48" mower deck when I had paid for a 54" mower deck. When I pointed out the error on delivery the salesperson said for me to use that tractor and they would get me a new tractor with the right mower deck.

I now have the new tractor with the 54" mower deck. How do I know if the right tractor is registered to me?

Given the track record of screw ups and shoddy workmanship on the initial setup of the 54" mower deck on this purchase of X500 and accessories I have zero confidence of anything they say.

Loren :)

hammerhead
06-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Uhh... call Deere?

:)

Loren012345
06-13-2008, 07:23 PM
At hammerhead's fine suggestion I phoned John Deere's Customer Contact Center at 1-800-537-8233.

The nice lady looked up my information and yes indeed the wrong X500 was registered to me. No way to fix it but to go through my dealer. GAWK!

I phoned my dealer and got hold of their Service Manager who seems at least half on the ball. He said the Salesperson who screwed everything up was supposed to straighten it out. Why he couldn't strai............

The Service Manager change my registration to the right X500 and is sending a printout of the information.

Unbelievable!!!

Is there any way I can access this information on the John Deere site?

Jim_WV
06-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi Loren and :Welcome1:

Good thing you called and checked :fing32:

I don't think there is a way to double check online, I looked at Deeres website and it says that JD's bought thru Home Depot and Lowes can be registered online but those bought at JD dealers will be registered by the dealer. http://www.deere.com/en_US/homeowners/services_support/warranty_information.html?tm=ho&link=bnav
Thankfully it sounds like your call ensured that your dealer got it right this time, but perhaps to ease your mind, another call to Deere headquarters would set you at ease for sure :)

TOMMY
06-13-2008, 08:23 PM
:Welcome1: NOT A GOOD WAY TO START WITH YOUR NEW TRACTOR
HOPEFULLY YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY MORE PROBLEMS.

Loren012345
06-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Jim_WV :)
If I understood the Customer Service gal correctly these Registers may take several days because they are physically entered into the system. Sounds like a good way for errors to occur. I will be checking. :thanku:

TOMMY :)

My purchase is a month of Screw-ups. Wrong Mower deck, Accessories not delivered with the tractor as said, New tractor with right mower deck not delivered without prodding, unreturned phone calls and email. Tire chains on "backorder" for a month when others were getting the same chains in a timely manner. I email the salesperson of this fact and suddenly the chains were "in".

What else, no initial install of a 48" Front Blade because I adamantly refused to let my X500 be taken to their facility. When I was done doing the install of the Front Blade, a fun project by the way, I put the Mower deck back on checking everything that should have been done on the initial setup. Yep, the Mower deck was not even close to being set by the gauge provided. No wonder I was scalping everything with the deck set at 4", the highest setting.

I really sick of whining. :crybaby:

Excellent products, screwy dealership, from my perspective.

hammerhead
06-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Any other dealers around?

:goodl:

TOMMY
06-13-2008, 11:03 PM
SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT IT ALL RIGGED UP NOW.YOU SHOULD POST SOME PICS OF IT IF YOU CAN.IF YOU HAVE MORE PROBLEMS AT YOUR DEALER
I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO CALL THE J.D. H/O AND COMPLAIN
YOU INVESTED ALOT OF MONEY THERE
GOOD LUCK!:fing02:

Loren012345
06-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Well hammerhead "around" is relative, ain't it.

I should be set for stuph for a while so I will be looking a my options. There are a few dealers if I want to drive 40-70 miles. Not to bad since I'm pretty remote and any where is a drive from here. If I go south into Oregon I will save sales tax. I am investigating the possibilities.

A lot of stuph can be had on the internet.

Loren012345
06-13-2008, 11:36 PM
TOMMY I do have pictures at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/zlge012345/JohnDeereX500

I haven't studied how to post pictures here yet.

The concerns I have now is I'm wondering if my accessories need to be and are registered for warranty.
48" Front Blade SKU23048
25 gallon tow sprayer LP19479
10P Utility Cart LPPCT10JD
7-Bushel Power Flow Bagger SKU21679

Guess I have do some looking to find John Deere Home Office Number. Would that be different that there John Deere's Customer Contact Center at 1-800-537-8233?

Hopefully :banghead3 I am done with them except the above issues.

TOMMY
06-13-2008, 11:48 PM
LOOKS GOOD AND NICE PLACE THERE:fing32:
HERES ANOTHER NUMBER IF YOU NEED IT
1-800-321-3766-8:30A.M-7:00 P.M
HOPEFULLY YOU WON'T NEED IT
GOOD LUCK

Loren012345
06-14-2008, 02:36 AM
Thanks for the number TOMMY :)

It appears to be a number for John Deere Credit in Canada?
1-800-321-3766 (Canada)
8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (EST) Monday - Friday

Nice Place? It keeps me off the streets. Har!

I found this in JD's FAQ:

https://secured.deere.com/en_US/ag/httpscontent/faq.html#s10

Who should I contact if I have a complaint with my John Deere dealer?

The Agricultural Customer Support Contact Center at 866-993-3373 or contact us at https://secured.deere.com/en_US/ag/httpscontent/contactus/index.html

hammerhead
06-14-2008, 02:38 AM
Well hammerhead "around" is relative, ain't it.

Very... and depending on what you drive, and how far they are, with the price of gas these days.... umm.... yeah... :swow: My nearest dealer is about a half an hour up into the mountains... next one after that is all the way on the other side of Sacramento...

I do have pictures at:

Nice! :thThumbsU

HydroHarold
06-14-2008, 02:54 AM
....all of which is why John Deere tries to bribe you with a free "Special Owner's Edition" hat. I believe around the JD home office it's called the "Hat of Forgetfulness".

"I..... H...A...V...E.... O...N...E!"

cold in michigan
06-14-2008, 12:52 PM
They have a return timeframe, but it sounds like your past it (30 days, I think), if you're waiting so long for chains.

If not, I would take it back--every single last scrap of it--every accessory--every piece of paper--everything!!.... and get a refund to go elsewhere.

I got better treatment than that from the "box store"....LOL!!

Oh yeah--pretty much every time you call JD customer service, just tell them right off the bat you want to speak to a supervisor, or have them return your call. It's not even worth the time to explain most anyting to the people that are answering the phone. It was worlds different with a knowledgeable supervisor!! (Oh and the tire chains for my model had a known internal bulletin that they were incorrect for my model, but were shipping nation-wide anyway; the cust' service person refused to acknowledge anything, remotely implied that I didn't know what I was doing, and wouldn't escalate/answer any questions whatsoever; the supervisor, however, was professional and polite, and even read me the # of the internal bulletin!!)

See Ya,
Marc

cold in michigan
06-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Oh yeah--"IF" you cannot return it, you can re-register your preferred dealer for warranty work under any dealer that will take it.

Since you have a more expensive model, it is a reasonable assumption that most any dealer would do warranty work for you, so you don't have to deal with those people again.

My "box store" model was setup by dealer "A", sold thru Lowes, and upon need for checkup, I asked for dealer "A" to recommend another--much closer!--dealer due to their backup workload in early spring.

They did so, with understanding and courtesy, and dealer "B" honored my warranty work--no problems.

In hindsight, I should have bought from dealer "B", but I was burned by a completely different JD dealer while shopping, and didn't want much to do with their dealer network at the time....

See Ya,
Marc

Loren012345
06-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Still some Questions remain. :)

Do any or all of those accessories listed below need to be registered by the dealer for warranty?

Does the 54" Mower deck that came with the X500 need to be registered separate from the Tractor? If so where is the Product Identification Number located on the Mower Deck.

48" Front Blade SKU23048
25-Gallon Sprayer LP19479
10P Utility Cart LPPCT10JD
7-Bushel Power Flow Bagger SKU21679
Front Brush Guard BM23057
Tire Chains TY24328

I do have all the numbers except the 54" Mower Deck.

JDFANATIC
06-15-2008, 08:32 AM
The deck has a serial number too. There should be a silver tag with the number on the upper side.

Loren012345
06-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks JDFANATIC :)

Can you be more specific in the Serial Number (PIN) location? I looked over the deck and didn't see anything other than safety warnings.

Loren012345
06-15-2008, 06:31 PM
JDFANATIC You mean like this?

AVR Mark
06-15-2008, 08:59 PM
On my 48" deck, the sticker is black and white and is located on the opposite side (plastic chute side) from the opei sticker you are showing. There is also "bar code" on the sticker.

Mark

JDFANATIC
06-15-2008, 10:14 PM
Loren,

It should look like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/grf58/IMG_3775.jpg

Loren012345
06-16-2008, 12:49 AM
JDFANATIC That's exactly what all John Deere Serial numbers look like on my X500 and other John Deere accessories.

I took the deck off, cleaned it up, flipped over, turned it every which way. Looked in every corner, remove plastic belt guards. There is no serial number that I can find. I'm not saying it's not there, I'm just saying I gave it a good going over.

Who puts these on?

Loren012345
06-16-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm wondering if because my X500 is sold as a "X500 Multi-Terrain™ Tractor, 54-in. deck" (http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalog/HO/servlet/com.deere.u90785.cce.productcatalog.view.servlets. ProdCatProduct?pNbr=SKU22128&tM=HO&link=enav) the one Product Information Number (PIN) on the X500 covers the Mower deck as well?

Just wondering?

GG_GT5000
06-16-2008, 10:47 AM
It would puzzle my why would the deck be a separate item/sn with its own warranty info.... I would think the norm would be that the main s/n of the tractor that would cover the warranty as in tractor, deck, motor, transmission, etc.... (less accessories - in which case would have their own warranty and s/n).

In regards to your fiasco experience.... sorry to hear that you went through what you did... You should have NOT been put through that for the amount of money you had forked out for all that stuff.... This kinda reminds me long ago that someone said to me when it comes to a 90K house vs a 1M dollar house.... it is the same idiot that builds the cheaper house that builds the more expensive house. Unfortunately there are always the bad apples out there that makes it worse on us customers... And they wonder why customers are so unhappy... This just to show that even a JD dealer is not immune to having idiots like the big box stores.

Now I am just wondering it you do decide to take your tractor back to them for any needed future service as to what other fiasco you will run into since they have your money...

Oh by the way.... a big Congratulations on your purchases..... I am envy and only wish I could too. I love the X500's..

JDFANATIC
06-16-2008, 12:00 PM
GG,

As far as I know, Deere has always put serial numbers on every tractor and implement.

bontai Joe
06-16-2008, 02:08 PM
To the best of my knowledge, Deere has serial numbers on all attachments. Congratulations on your new tractor, sorry to hear of your problems with the dealer.

Loren012345
06-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Okay is this the serial number?
It's the only thing I can find that isn't a safety tag.

Loren012345
06-16-2008, 04:21 PM
I have just got off the phone with 3 different dealers. ALL 3 said the same thing. The 54" mower deck will NOT have a Serial Number on it. The PIN Number for the "X500 Multi-Terrain™ Tractor, 54-in. deck" are one unit. The Product Identification Number (PIN) for the "X500 Multi-Terrain™ Tractor, 54-in. deck" includes the 54" Mower Deck.

Loren012345
06-17-2008, 04:08 PM
I phoned John Deere's Customer Contact Center at 1-800-537-8233 today to confirm all was right with my X500 Warranty Registration.

The nice lady looked up my information and yes indeed the right X500 is registered to me. Interesting to to me, she said it shows a 54" mower deck.

So then.......I now have ALL the correct Tractor and accessories and ALL the paper work correct.

Now to get some serious seat time. Har! :greendr:

Persistence and not accepting BS paid off.....I guess.

TOMMY
06-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Nice To See You Got Everything In Order -NOW YOU CAN enjoy Your New Ride.:bannana:

Loren012345
06-17-2008, 08:40 PM
You Betcha TOMMY :trink39:

I received the below email from John Deere Customer Contact Center where I submitted a question a few days ago via the Ask John Deere (https://groundscare.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/groundscare.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=cfSl9y6j&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfc m93X2NudD0xOTUsMTk1JnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0 mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ub CZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**) site which further confirms that all mower desks do NOT have serial numbers.

------------------------------
Dear Loren:

Thank you for contacting our Web site.

We do not have serial numbers on all of our mower decks, if your deck has a serial number it would be on the top of the mower deck. I checked your warranty registration and I did not find a separate registration for the mower deck, just the tractor.

If we can be of further assistance, please call the Customer Contact Center at 1-800-537-8233. Our center is open 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM EST, Monday - Friday and 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM. EST, Saturday.

Thank you,

Kimberly
John Deere Customer Contact Center