MOd intro [Archive] - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

: MOd intro

parts man
03-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Hello all, and welcome to The Barn forum. I am from New Brunswick Canada, near Sussex (just northeast of Maine). I was born, and grew up ( or got older at least ) on thefarm that I now work with my father. We also have a tractor salvage business ( http://www.chowntractorparts.com ), where we currently salvage around 60-75 tractors /year, sending parts across North America on a daily basis, and a little bit of overseas sales as well. My father and I use all IH tractors on our farm (except for one Massey 204 backhoe), and restore Farmall letter series tractors. (They can be viewed at http://www.chowntractorparts.com/our__tractor_collection.htm .)
I certainly don't profess to be an expert, but I will share what knowledge I have learned, and I know there are many more who visit regularly who will be happy to help out as well.
Pictures of your tractors are always welcome, so don't be shy.

Welcome to MYTRACTORFORUM.COM and enjoy your time here!

Carl
04-12-2005, 04:52 PM
That is an impressive collection of tractors that you have!

parts man
04-12-2005, 11:56 PM
:trink40: Thank you Carl, enjoy the forum! :trink40:

Paul J
04-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Hello parts man, I see you have a 1944 "A" model. I have my dads 1944 "A" that was only ever used for cultivating. His "A" has a very unusual feature, it has an exhaust lift. Have you ever seen one? By what I've been told over the years, it's very rare and most people have never seen one. I was told that due to WW II, hydraulic oil was used up by the government so IH designed this lift for a replacement during the war. It still works perfect and is a hit at shows, especially to older farmers who never knew that Farmall ever had such a system. Sorry I don't have any photos, as the tractor is now stored in my sons hangar in Oklahoma. Also I've been told that the 1943, 44 & some 1945 Farmalls paint had a slightly pink look due to the fact that red pigment wasn't available as the war effort used it all up and IH couldn't get that deep red look with what they had to work with. I didn't know this when we restored my dads "A" or I would have had the original paint analyzed for chemical make up. I still might be able to get a sample. PJ