Update [Archive] - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

: Update

Archdean
06-28-2005, 08:15 PM
An Update to hauling big heavy big loads, sometime ago I had several threads on the perils of my daily activities moving tractors around this country (Mods stick this somewhere and or delete as appropiate) any way I went back to Kubota to do parts and etc. and spent the day doing what I like to do (NO **** PHONES) most of all , in the new (new to me) Ford F650 w/35' trailer! Rough riding but at least it's not overloaded any more, sans the 1 ton red dully Dodge!! Pics still viewable at the link in the begining of the thread!!

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=1205

PICS:http://community.webshots.com/slideshow?ID=323017531&key=pxhnTz

It's fun to do a job you enjoy!!

jodyand
06-28-2005, 08:22 PM
Its about time they got a truck to handle it. Don't look haft bad neither. :fing32:

Archdean
06-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Its about time they got a truck to handle it. Don't look haft bad neither. :fing32:

Squeeky wheel finially got greased! It's no speed demon but the AC is great at these temps, did stop back at the house and picked up my Bronc saddle, got out of that rough riding thing tonight felt like I was standing on my kidneys!!ROF BUT AT LEAST IT STOPS WHEN YOU WAN'T IT TO not the other way around!!

JDFANATIC
06-28-2005, 09:41 PM
Archdean,

You're the only one I know who gets to play as much as I do -- or perhaps even more! Keep up the great fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fing32:

Cheers

JDFANATIC
JD2210

Archdean
06-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Archdean,

You're the only one I know who gets to play as much as I do -- or perhaps even more! Keep up the great fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fing32:

Cheers

JDFANATIC
JD2210

JD Most of my contemporaries are either gone or now very infirmed, when one retires it does not mean one should sit on their butt! I actively work, not because I have too but to stay vigorous in the ture meaning of life, I MUST!! I tried it their way for about 5 years and I felt like a puffed up toad, never again!! Young strapping men tease this old man but I notice few can keep up!:fing20:

Having fun no matter what you do is the key!!:trink39:

Greg
06-28-2005, 11:19 PM
So does this mean you're back on the road again? Can you take you sat radio with you? Same area?

Tell us more about the truck. Looks like this one is up to the task...

Greg

CatDaddy
06-28-2005, 11:39 PM
You like being a delivery driver more than being inside? I thought you just took the job as Parts Manager a couple of weeks ago.
Hey, as long as it makes you happy. :trink40: Hope the new truck holds up & works out well for you. :fing02:

Archdean
06-28-2005, 11:52 PM
So does this mean you're back on the road again? Can you take you sat radio with you? Same area?

Tell us more about the truck. Looks like this one is up to the task...

Greg

No But will go as often as I can, the work load is too much for one man and I still do the parts thing and now with a full time helper in parts and we do have a fellow who hauls daily that replaced me but we only have two CDL licensed drivers and I take as much local as I can get! (NO PHONES) and I love being outside with happy anticipating customers!!

Yes to the XM radio and a smaller area for me personaly but if the trip sounds good I won't hesitate for an instant!! The reason I was out and about today was the fellow who took my job was in Little Rock AR today with a dealer transfer with the smaller truck as it rides so much better and it was a small load weight wise!!

The truck is an Ford F650 HD Diesel and has 40000 miles on it with the Engine/Trany and rearend having been just rebuilt, will get the engine particulars later for you guys, but for now it will certainly out pull the Dodge Cumins Diesel but not near as comfortable!!

Archdean
06-29-2005, 12:28 AM
You like being a delivery driver more than being inside? I thought you just took the job as Parts Manager a couple of weeks ago.
Hey, as long as it makes you happy. :trink40: Hope the new truck holds up & works out well for you. :fing02:

CD, I missed your post Sorry!

No not exactly! What I like, is to do many different things during the day! And this job allows me to do that and they pay me well for having the expertise and past experience to do all sorts of things from PR to to Parts MGR and as you said get on the road and deliver a new tractor to a very grateful and excited customer who has just paid sometimes more than what his house is worth!!!

And did I mention I hate answering the phone!!!ROF ROF

mbkerk
06-29-2005, 01:26 AM
Rough riding but at least it's not overloaded any more, sans the 1 ton red dully Dodge!! Pics still viewable at the link in the begining of the thread!!

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=1205

PICS:http://community.webshots.com/slideshow?ID=323017531&key=pxhnTz

It's fun to do a job you enjoy!!

That picture of the two Deere's on that trailer behind the Dodge looked downright scary!

I understand the need for the bigger truck!

Ingersoll444
06-29-2005, 05:38 AM

LOL!! OMG I KNOW what your talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been working the parts biz for 12 years now. I am on that phone from 8-5:15 everyday almost non stop. When I get home, I dont want to hear the phone ring. Just want to rip it off the wall!!!!!!!!!!

slipshod
06-29-2005, 07:17 AM
From time to time there are things that I do not agree with Dean on. That being said on the issue of retirement I agree with his assessment almost entirely. Been working for the man most of my life and the end will soon be at hand. I do not plan on retiring, I am just going to take monthly payments "Not" to go to my state job.
My only wonderment is how it took Dean five years to realize that wearing plaid shorts with the waist band just under your nipples, sandles with socks, and figuring out who has the best senior discount on the buffet, sucks! And that phone thing, again we agree, I have eleven phones on my desk at work and one is a switchboard. I can sit right next to the phone at home and let it ring.
My plans do not include anything that resembles nine to five, I have had my fill of working someone elses predetermed timeframe. With the two farms, my small site prep business, the sawmill, horses, the homestead, grandchildren, and the wife's country store plans I will stay plenty busy. The nice thing about the whole plan is I will be able to shut it down on a moments notice, slip into a new pair of plaid shorts, throw the camera around my neck, and take a road trip.
I have quit counting the months til my enlistment in state service is over, it seems to make it drag. But people keep reminding me, I get more junk mail from AARP, senior health care, nursing home insurance, time shares, and several motorized chair companies competing for my business. They are all wasting there postage and thier time, none of that is me. My plans are to be into a spanking new dump truck, with a new equipment trailer, pulling my new ground contact warrior. Not sure what that is going to be yet, but it will be compact, powerful, and more them likely green unless it is commercial yellow.
Being frugal, I plan on keeping all I own at present and just increasing the fleet. So whatever I buy will have to add flexibility and give me more capibilities. I plan on doing mostly residential work as I do now, so great big does not suit my needs.

parts man
06-29-2005, 04:40 PM
:ditto: ON the retirement thing,, now I have quite few years to go, but to me, retirement means letting someone else handle the head-ache stuff, and I can do what's fun. Again, being able to decide at 9 or 10 AM that I'm going fishin, rather than some other task that should be done,, the kids can handle the "should be dones". :D

ducati996
06-29-2005, 04:52 PM
CD, I missed your post Sorry!

If they are anything like your forum manners, look out folks !! ROF ROF

( just kidding Dean - let me know if you didnt appreciate that, and i will remove it)

Duc

Archdean
06-29-2005, 10:52 PM
If they are anything like your forum manners, look out folks !! ROF ROF

( just kidding Dean - let me know if you didnt appreciate that, and i will remove it)

Duc

Hey Duc, I like it but you only got half of it!! Here's the rest of the story~!
I don't suffer nonsense well, a given to be sure, I Can be the most amiable person on earth as long as I can see the light in the eyes but when it's just about extinguished , sorry wrong number, call back when the power comes back on!!

I have come to the following conclusion in a very long fortunate lifetime!
I will always tell you what I think! If you like it we are instant friends , If you don't you will not like me and get ****** off only to find out That old sob did have it right after-all!! Conceited, perhaps but it's my style and I will give my all no matter what you initially think of me personaly!!

To be fair I offer no opinion about which I know nothing about!!
Everyone is free to choose what and whom they want advice from and even a Jack-*** thinks he has Horse sense!!

On a personal note a lot of water over the past two years has flowed over /under our bridge and I suspect we have endured it all for the better of both of us!!:trink39: