any home made pressure washer soap solutions? [Archive] - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

: any home made pressure washer soap solutions?

simple_john
06-21-2005, 02:15 PM
i pressure washed the backside of my house yesterday...

i got the Behr (home depot) version of siding cleaning solution for pressure washers... i have to say.. it did a great job removing mold and mildew..

it worked great and was less money than the named brand... 4$ per bottle versus 6$ per bottle for the zep brand

i am assuming the solution was mostly water and bleach and a little soap....

does anyone make up their own washing solutions for their pressure washers?

a. for cleaning stuff: chairs/deck furniture ect
b. For cleaning vehicles/tractor decks ect
c. for cleaning siding?

or am i just being totally cheap?? :fing20:

LEOLAV
06-21-2005, 02:22 PM
I use a mixture of bleach, simple green and hot water. Seems to work great on getting the crud off of our gray siding. It even removes the black stains on the gray gutters (with light scrubbing)

You still have the Cambell PW??

simple_john
06-21-2005, 02:25 PM
yes i only used it twice this year.. cleaning paint off a picnic table and doing the backside of the house..

the super soaker wand thingie works really well...
http://www.chpower.com/chimages/catalog/active/PW1060_500x143.gif

I mean, it disconnects a lot and leaks like all heck.. but it allows me to shoot the soap at high pressure and reach the 2nd floor real well..

911radioman
06-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Good question, SJ. I am wondering this myself as a new pressure washer owner. I know my manual says to use only products "designed" for pressure washers. I have to wonder though what the big differences are in detergents/cleaners?

I know some guys I have talked to around here use household detergents in their washers with no apparent ill effects.

Olds455
06-21-2005, 04:21 PM
I've been using a solution of "Jomax" and bleach mixed in water. I get the Jomax from Lowes, but can't remember the price. This works great on mildew, but doesn't do that good on sap stains.

Archdean
06-21-2005, 08:18 PM
i pressure washed the backside of my house yesterday...

i got the Behr (home depot) version of siding cleaning solution for pressure washers... i have to say.. it did a great job removing mold and mildew..

it worked great and was less money than the named brand... 4$ per bottle versus 6$ per bottle for the zep brand

i am assuming the solution was mostly water and bleach and a little soap....

does anyone make up their own washing solutions for their pressure washers?

a. for cleaning stuff: chairs/deck furniture ect
b. For cleaning vehicles/tractor decks ect
c. for cleaning siding?

or am i just being totally cheap?? :fing20:

I owned a Paint/Hardware/Home Center and was the Paint center for Home owners and Contractors alike , The Premium Brand I carried was BEHR!!!
That was before HD made a major coup in the paint market by becoming the major outlet for That Santa Clara Company (if memory serves me right) IF IT SAYS BEHR on the can IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!! BAR NONE!

Someone was extolling the virtues of the Dutch Boy Brand Containers but if you pick up a gallon of Behr and a gallon of most others in the present market including Dutch Boy you will instantly notice that the Behr brand is much heavier and you are paying for the solids in the can not the fancy can!! Go ahead try it next time you'll be amazed!!

LEOLAV
06-22-2005, 12:16 PM
I use standard stuff in mine, not a ill effect yet. And it is almost 8 yrs. old and is used all the time.

jodyand
06-22-2005, 01:05 PM
I just put the tube in a jug of bleach and spray it on and then come back and wash it off. They tell you not to run bleach though it but mine was free and i run a good bit of water though it when im done. Been doing it since i picked it up from the trash 5 years ago.