House Paint [Archive] - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

: House Paint

Ken N Tx
05-15-2005, 10:14 AM
Got one item off the "Honey Do List"

The house is only 5 years old, but the original coat of paint was sprayed on and is bleeding thru..

Got #3 son to come over and lend a hand to the high stuff..

USN_ED
05-15-2005, 12:20 PM
The wife and I painted our house two years ago with the best grade paint we could find - fifteen year guarantee & the whole nine yards. We painted the entire house, trim, porches, and I was very careful to get into every nook and cranny. We did it all by brush and roller. NO SPRAYER!! Took us four days - about 10-hours a day. We were sore for two weeks.

Ok, here's the punch line. Last Saturday we were out for a ride and as we passed a nice looking house, the wife said "Maybe we should paint our house another color." I can't say everything I said but the censorded version was "DON'T EVEN GO THERE".

ED
:dancingpa

mla2ofus
05-15-2005, 11:21 PM
Ed, I primed and painted the alum. siding on our house two yrs ago with my airless sprayer. I tell you it's pretty nice to just have to brush paint the trim. That airless was worth every nickel to me. It took longer to mask all the glass than it did to paint the siding.
Mike

JDFANATIC
05-16-2005, 08:22 AM
Ken, what is that below the wood you painted white? More wood? It looks like there are cedar shakes and clapboard mixed together -- I've never seen that before.

mla2ofus, those airless sprayers are nice. I have redwood siding on my home and it really needs attention every year or at the most every other year. Sometimes I have done this myself (I hate ladders) and sometimes I have hired it out. Anyway, the last time the contractor came with a high-volume, low pressure airless sprayer. I can't believe how quickly the job went, and how heavy the stain was put on without running. Sure opened my eyes.

ed, have some empathy, after all that was two years ago... :bump9:

Cheers

JDFANATIC
JD2210

Argee
05-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Those look like bricks with a soldier course at the top.

Durwood
05-16-2005, 10:59 AM
Ken, is everything vinyl sided except for the underhangs and the porch ceilings?
Can't tell, but it looks like the siding is vinyl to me. I'm half blind so it is hard for me to tell. :D

Dur

Ken N Tx
05-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Those look like bricks with a soldier course at the top.
Its brick..No vinyl yet! In this part of Texas, 90% of the house must be brick!

Durwood, no vinyl yet! Here is a vinyl cover we have over our patio.

Also have vinyl fencing in front, adding sections every year..