Do you guys buy raffle tickets for restored tractors at shows? [Archive] - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

: Do you guys buy raffle tickets for restored tractors at shows?

bontai Joe
05-06-2005, 01:06 PM
I go to 6 or more tractor shows a year and even though as a residential homeowner on a 1 acre plot, I can't help but buy tickets when I see a beautiful restored classic farm tractor. I don't have any idea what i'd do if I won one, but maybe it would look good in my living room, next to the TV. ROF

markfnc
05-06-2005, 02:43 PM
I have 3/4 acre, but I also always buy raffle tickets. I think if I won, I would buy a trailer and keep going to tractor shows, and volunteer to pull little legue teams in a wagon.

bear
05-07-2005, 12:18 AM
i always the tickets for the raffle tractors and then i buy some for the kids. i'm sure i'd find room for one if they ever pulled one of our names. even if they don't the moneys going to a good cause

bontai Joe
05-09-2005, 10:01 AM
Bear,
I know what you mean about the money going to a good cause. The last local fair/carnival we went to. I convinced my wife that instead of paying questionable characters money to throw a ball at a basket, that we seek out all the local groups that were offering raffles and buy tickets. The chance of winning was about the same if not better, and instead of a cheap imported stuffed animal, we might win a hand made quilt, or a lawn tractor, or bicycles, etc. We found 4 local churches, the ladies aux. of two local volunteer fire departments, 2 volunteer ambulance services, the YMCA, and a kids' shelter. The prizes were all pretty decent, and although we didn't win anything, the money went to something more important than a new tatoo for for the folks that travel with the carnival. :fing32:

mammabear
05-13-2005, 01:20 AM
i always buy tickets in the kids names. they are way luckier than me. and as for bear the last time he was lucky he got me. lol. just kidding bear ROF

Stumpy!!
05-19-2005, 06:27 PM
I buy them as well. The latest one I have bid on is for an early 8N. 6 chances for $5.00. The money goes to a local charity, the tractor was donated and so was the work. When you have a bunch of people open up and give there time for a cause, what is $5.00? The kicker is I may win the tractor.....oh man the suspense is killing me!!!!! Who knows I may even donate it again....that would be a warm fuzzy. :fing32:

bontai Joe
05-20-2005, 09:55 AM
I know what you mean Stumpy! I was all antsy waiting to hear if I won an old restored Oliver last year, more than I get with the state lottery tickets. After all the lottery is just money, but an Oliver is a TRACTOR :D