331415BVE solenoid [Archive] - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

: 331415BVE solenoid

edgesr
01-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Does the solenoid have to be grounded for it to work? It broke loose from its mounting while I had the mower turned up on its butt to change the axle boots. When I put the mower back down and installed the battery, I got no response when I turned the key. All connections appear tight.

dc 3mech
01-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Just looking at the schematic the solenoid must ground at the mounting pad. could ground internally,jump the red wire from battery to solenoid to the tab for the blue wire from the starter switch on the solenoid, if that makes the starter turn ,there is a 10 amp fuse in the wiring taking power to the switch, check it also,it might have shorted out and blown

edgesr
01-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Just looking at the schematic the solenoid must ground at the mounting pad. could ground internally,jump the red wire from battery to solenoid to the tab for the blue wire from the starter switch on the solenoid, if that makes the starter turn ,there is a 10 amp fuse in the wiring taking power to the switch, check it also,it might have shorted out and blown

dc 3mech
Thanks for the reply. I will check this. Where would I find a schematic for this mower? I downloaded manuals but couldn't find schematic.

dc 3mech
01-03-2011, 08:12 AM
The parts list usually has the electric system parts and a schematic for each engine/starter combination,near the back of the list. In the series 15 list pages 42-45.

edgesr
01-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks so much for your help. I ended up having to replace the solenoid and this solved my problem. The mounting bracket of the old one had rusted and broken loose preventing it from grounding.