B Series [Archive] - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

: B Series

Pages : [1] 2

SteveSBE
12-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Don't want to be labeled a spammer so here goes...

Looking for a B series...something with a little power but not too big to help out in the woods leveling trails, removing buckthorn, cutting wood, etc...not to say help with the driveway and landscaping. Need manuverability in the woods when on the trails which we use for hiking and x-country skiing. Is there enough size difference between the 25 and 30 horse models to make a difference?

Steve

BP Fick
12-28-2010, 08:48 AM
I am assuming you are looking at a B2320 through B2920? IOW, the 20 series?

Within the model series, Kubota typically offers a couple horsepower choices. There is a price premium (read profit) for each step, of course.

The hydro power is often identical, so the slight difference in horsepower is only really noticed at the PTO for operating cutter, blowers, chippers and such.

As most everyone will tell you, horsepower is rarely the core issue. Traction and features being far more important. Since the tractors within a model/series are essentially identical, they will perform virtually the same, in the real world.

The larger, premium series B's are heavier, have larger frames, wheels and have more advanced features. It all comes down to availability, price and settling on just how you intend to use the tractor. My humble advice would be to decide on those things and not be too particularly impressed or bedazzled with the horse power ratings.

DJ in WV
12-28-2010, 08:56 AM
:Welcome1:

Welcome to the forum. There's lots of Kubota guys here that can and will help with just about any problem or question that you can come up with. Very knowledgeable group here and they are always willing to help.

Welcome and enjoy!

Be sure to post some pictures of the new machine when you make your decision.

Volfandt
12-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Welcome aboard Steve. As BP Fick pointed out, the B series is where you want to concentrate.
re. size difference between B series models. Yes there is a noticable size difference between models. Size, weight and capaciies are the main differentiators.

Heres a basic breakdown:
Basic models.
B2320, smallest of the "basic" B series. Has both size, weight, ground clearance & power/capacities over the smaller BX series.

B2620, next size up and considered the "sweet spot" in the small basic B class.
It has a larger frame, engine, loader, wheels and all around hydraulic capacities over the B2320. Course this comes at a cost.

B2920. Same size and capacities as the B2620 w/the exception of a larger engine and more PTO hp. Basically this model gives more rear PTO power which may be useful for runnign chippers, pto generators and other implements that require slightly more than the B2620 provides.

B3200. Large basic B series. Bigger in every way over the B2620/B2920.

B2630, premium B series. Size and capacities are similar to the larger B3200 (except engine hp) and has more bells and whistles (3ph position control, tilt steering wheel, telescoping 3PH lower links and few more).
Those bells & whistles come at a price.

B3030, premium large B series. Same physical size as the B2630 wth same capacities but w/a larger 30hp engine. What distinquishes this over the B22630 is that it also can be equipped w/a factory OEM cab w/heat & A/C. This is the most expensive of the B series.

There are some newer models coming ( and some older models that have just been recentrly replaced) but the above should cover the basics.
Dave

UrbanTractor
01-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Welcome aboard Steve. As BP Fick pointed out, the B series is where you want to concentrate.
re. size difference between B series models. Yes there is a noticable size difference between models. Size, weight and capaciies are the main differentiators.

Heres a basic breakdown:
Basic models.
B2320, smallest of the "basic" B series. Has both size, weight, ground clearance & power/capacities over the smaller BX series.

It has a larger frame, engine, loader, wheels and all around hydraulic capacities over the B2320. Course this comes at a cost.

B2920. Same size and capacities as the B2620 w/the exception of a larger engine and more PTO hp. Basically this model gives more rear PTO power which may be useful for runnign chippers, pto generators and other implements that require slightly more than the B2620 provides.

B2630, premium B series. Size and capacities are similar to the larger B3200 (except engine hp) and has more bells and whistles (3ph position control, tilt steering wheel, telescoping 3PH lower links and few more).

B3030, premium large B series. Same physical size as the B2630 wth same capacities but w/a larger 30hp engine. What distinquishes this over the B22630 is that it also can be equipped w/a factory OEM cab w/heat & A/C. This is the most expensive of the B series.

There are some newer models coming ( and some older models that have just been recentrly replaced) but the above should cover the basics.
Dave

Dave,

I was poking around trying to educate myself about the B-series -- just out of curiosity as these are too big for my needs. I had been wondering about the distinction between the Bxx20-series, and the Bxx30 series. Your run-down above was very helpful (although, I still wonder why Kubota concurrently makes so many "B" models with overlapping capabilities?)

I was intrigued by your comment that "there are some newer models coming". Would you have any new info to share? Also, have you heard if there are any changes to the BX lineup contemplated?

Thanks.

Volfandt
01-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Good questions UrbanTractor
re. Kubota's B series. I can definitely see where a novis could get confused w/the B series lineup but when one compares the spec's and price points it starts to make more sense.
I think what Kubota is trying to do is provide as much tractor as they can profitably for a particular price point. For less than $1000 you can move up from the SCUT class (BX) into the CUT class (B2320) and get more power, more capacities and higher ground clearance. For 1K - 2K more you can move up to a bigger frame and more everything else w/the B2620. If you need even more pto hp to power larger rear pto driven implements you can move up for another 1K - 2K more to the B2920.
Now if you want to spend some more money because you need an bigger tractor, but not as big as the small L series, 1K - 2K more w/get you into a B3200.
The B3200 is rated for much bigger and heavier implements than the B2320/B2620/B2920 but it still has a lighter footprint than the L's which makes it easier on finished turf.
If you still want the lighter footprint of the B series but want more bells and whistles like position control, tilt steering, telescoping 3ph arms etc., and 26hp - 30 hp will work for you you can then move up into the premium B2630 or B3030. And finally, if you want all the benefits of the B series in a heated and A/C conditioned cab then the B3030HSDC is available.
My pricing examples aren't exactly accurate but they're in the ballpark.
These machines aren't cheap and most folks balk at dropping the large green on something they won't use everyday so keeping their products competitively priced is my guess as to why they make so many models in the B series.

re. new models. The BX's and standard B's have just recently been upgraded but the premium B's (B2630 & B3030) have been around for quite awhile now and I've been seeing references to a new replacement for the B3030. I don't know what the upgrades will be nor have I seen anything mentioned about the B2630 but I imagine it'll be upgraded but thats a swag on my part.
Sometimes Kubota tries to fill a nitch w/a special run model like the old B7510 Turf Special and the new B3300SU so it can get highly confusing trying to keep up with them :D
Clear as mud? :D

Dave

UrbanTractor
01-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Dave,

Thanks so much for that. While this B series is confusing to a novice, your explanation suggests that there is method to the madness -- I guess Kubota must know what they're doing.

Thanks for that pricing info, too. Just for a more apples-to-apples comparison, what would be your estimate of the price delta between a B2620, and a B2630? In other words, what do those premium features cost?

In looking these over, one interesting thing I noticed is the HP ratings of the engines as compared to the BX series. For instance, BPFick's B2320 engine is rated at 23/17 hp, which makes it seem comparable to the BX 2360. But, his tractor actually has the same engine as the BX 2660. The difference seems to be that the HP rating is taken at a lower rpm (2800 vs 3200) on the B series than on the BX series.

That makes the B2320 all the more impressive in my book. Same engine as the BX2660, on a somewhat larger platform. And yet, it has the same hydraulics capacity as the larger Bs.

I've read here on MTF where members (like you and BPFick) have suggested bumping up to the B series if someone needs the larger BXs with higher HP. I think I'm beginning to understand where you're coming from.

AStanton
01-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Steve,
Thought I would wade in here. For your needs, requiring manuverabiblity, landscaping, and trail maintenance, I would recommend the B2320 with a backhoe. I started with a used BX23, then traded it for a new BX25. Then I added a B3030 for snow removal in the winter. If I were to do it all over again, I would of started with the B2320 and hoe.
I think it is important to remember, there are no wrong answers when buying a tractor. If you don't like it, you simply trade it in. Life is too short.
Go to a dealer that will let you test ride em all, then make a decision.
Good Luck.

TooManyGT
01-20-2011, 12:40 PM
I recently bought a B2620 and was looking at all the B's. The reason I went with the 2620 was becuase of price and manuverability. I wanted a 2630 but was just out of my price range (I belive it was over $2000 more). As far as the 2320, and 2620/2920 there is a diff. as far as loader capacity and size. The 2320 is a little smaller in length and width and has a reduced loader capacity (about 80lbs if my memory serves me).
I feel the 2620 is the sweet spot for manuveralbility and loader capacity, love mine. Just look close on the specs as there are some small changes between models other than just HP.

Brad

Luv2Q
01-20-2011, 02:15 PM
I recently bought a B2620 and was looking at all the B's. The reason I went with the 2620 was becuase of price and manuverability. I wanted a 2630 but was just out of my price range (I belive it was over $2000 more). As far as the 2320, and 2620/2920 there is a diff. as far as loader capacity and size. The 2320 is a little smaller in length and width and has a reduced loader capacity (about 80lbs if my memory serves me).
I feel the 2620 is the sweet spot for manuveralbility and loader capacity, love mine. Just look close on the specs as there are some small changes between models other than just HP.

Brad

I'm right in sync with Brad's observations. For me, the 2320 fit the bill. I wanted "just that little bit bigger" than the BX series and "just that little bit smaller" than the 2620/2920. It's worked out really well. I especially like the higher ground clearance and rad-cooled HST. But you know what? If I'd gone one notch higher or lower, I think I'd be just as happy. These machines are such little brutes that if your best guess is anywhere close to the ballpark, I think you'll be happy. JMO, of course. If missing the perfect size means I have to make an extra couple of passes, it's no biggee. And if I were to get 1 or 2 sizes bigger (within the B series), it might mean I get done in a few passes less. Which means - since they're so dang fun - that I probably would stay on the tractor anyway and re-do a few passes!

Sidponcho
01-26-2011, 09:25 AM
I'm right in sync with Brad's observations. For me, the 2320 fit the bill. I wanted "just that little bit bigger" than the BX series and "just that little bit smaller" than the 2620/2920. It's worked out really well. I especially like the higher ground clearance and rad-cooled HST. But you know what? If I'd gone one notch higher or lower, I think I'd be just as happy. These machines are such little brutes that if your best guess is anywhere close to the ballpark, I think you'll be happy. JMO, of course. If missing the perfect size means I have to make an extra couple of passes, it's no biggee. And if I were to get 1 or 2 sizes bigger (within the B series), it might mean I get done in a few passes less. Which means - since they're so dang fun - that I probably would stay on the tractor anyway and re-do a few passes!

hi guys,

i'm considering a 2320 with loader only. i wonder what kind of pricing i'll get here in new england?
Sid

Luv2Q
01-26-2011, 11:41 AM
hi guys,

i'm considering a 2320 with loader only. i wonder what kind of pricing i'll get here in new england?
Sid

Hello, Sid. You might find it useful to check the "build your own" function on Kubota's website. Easy to use, and lets you play with different options. Could be your best bet if you want fairly accurate pricing info. You'd at least have an MSRP starting point when you talk to dealers in your area.

Good luck ..

Sidponcho
01-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Hello, Sid. You might find it useful to check the "build your own" function on Kubota's website. Easy to use, and lets you play with different options. Could be your best bet if you want fairly accurate pricing info. You'd at least have an MSRP starting point when you talk to dealers in your area.

Good luck ..

Thanks...I just used the pricer and here's what I came up with:

AG tires (R1's)
Optional hydralic remote valve (assume this is for the rear?)
LA304 loader

Base MSRP including selected tires $12,755.00
Optional Valves $700.00
Ballast Box $211.00
Loader $2,769.00
Total Configured Price of Model $16,435.00

Came up with $16,435.00

I wonder how the dealers in NH will quote :)

It looks like the 0% for 48 months is in effect thru 3/31.

UrbanTractor
01-26-2011, 01:02 PM
I think that "optional hydraulic valve" is required for the loader. At least, that's how it works on the BX series (I've read that this valve previously was standard on the BX -- but no more). In other words, you can get the tractor without it, but you need it if you plan to add a loader (or anything else that requires hydraulic ports). So it's not really "optional" with an FEL purchase.

Luv2Q
01-26-2011, 05:10 PM
I think that "optional hydraulic valve" is required for the loader. At least, that's how it works on the BX series (I've read that this valve previously was standard on the BX -- but no more). In other words, you can get the tractor without it, but you need it if you plan to add a loader (or anything else that requires hydraulic ports). So it's not really "optional" with an FEL purchase.

It's been awhile, but I seem to remember that "options" that were included with, say, a FEL were greyed out so you didn't add them in twice. My guess is that if it showed Sid a selectable option, it's in addition to the one required for the loader. It's probably remotes for use with a rear implement. Could be wrong, of course.

UrbanTractor
01-26-2011, 05:43 PM
It's been awhile, but I seem to remember that "options" that were included with, say, a FEL were greyed out so you didn't add them in twice. My guess is that if it showed Sid a selectable option, it's in addition to the one required for the loader. It's probably remotes for use with a rear implement. Could be wrong, of course.

Sorry about that. You're probably right. I took a look at the B-series on-line builder and they seem to handle the loader valve differently than on the BX.** It appears to be "standard" on the base B tractor. I wonder what exactly that optional valve kit is? It sounds similar to the optional rear hydraulics kit that is available for the BX series.

**When you do a "build your own" BX on-line at Kubota, they seem to price the valve separately from the loader. In the quote below, the only option I selected was the FEL, but they then automatically added the FPCV and ballast box.

Price
Base MSRP including selected tires $9,336.00
Ballast Box $211.00
Loader $2,164.00
Four Position Control Valve $636.00
Total Configured Price of Model $12,347.00

In this next quote, the only option I selected was the 48" mower deck. This unit would deliver without the FPCV (which would be a shame!):

Price
Base MSRP including selected tires $9,336.00
Mid Mount Mower $1,527.00
Total Configured Price of Model $10,863.00

That seems to be consistent with what the dealers told me (about the BX), too.

harpoonalt
01-27-2011, 05:32 PM
hi guys,

Sid

I'd give Giddings Equipment in Pittsford, VT a call and ask for Bob. He's the owner, is honest and treats his customers right without hassle. I wish he sold cars:trink39::trink39:

Sidponcho
01-27-2011, 07:24 PM
I'd give Giddings Equipment in Pittsford, VT a call and ask for Bob. He's the owner, is honest and treats his customers right without hassle. I wish he sold cars:trink39::trink39:

Thanks....looks to be a doable drive, and I have a trailer. Is there sales tax in VT?

nh DRAGON
01-29-2011, 08:15 AM
Yes VT does have sales tax, You might want to check out Pinnacleview Equipment in Walpole, NH. Great people to deal with, I got my BX there in 2007!:trink39:

Sidponcho
01-31-2011, 09:43 PM
Chappel Tractor quoted me a B2620 with la364 loader for $15600 :)

CHDinCT
02-01-2011, 06:46 PM

You should be able to get about 8% - 10% off of the Build Your Kubota quote here in New England. Folks seem to do better down South and in the Midwest. Not having to pay sales tax if you buy in New Hampshire certainly helps. Good luck shopping and if/when you buy, don't forget to post pictures.

swadmx
06-22-2011, 08:00 PM
14900 plus tax , b2320 with FEL , ballast box and first service materials...seemed to be the price in CT as of 6/22/11.

13700 in KY !

UrbanTractor
06-22-2011, 08:14 PM
14900 plus tax , b2320 with FEL , ballast box and first service materials...seemed to be the price in CT as of 6/22/11.

13700 in KY !

Does that price include a mower deck?

swadmx
06-22-2011, 09:39 PM
No deck , just FEL and weight box

seasonedsole
06-23-2011, 10:30 PM
No mater what choice you make, none of them are suited for any off camber trail work. I've had mine in the woods with mild hills, not a comfortable feeling at all. Maybe for that work a used skid steer is the answer. just my 2cents. Careful and good luck,

UrbanTractor
08-05-2011, 08:31 PM

Heres a basic breakdown:
Basic models.

Dave

And, from another thread:

...btw, I sat in and checked out a new B3000HSDCC the other day...

I've been meaning to bring that up. Looks like they dropped the cab option from the B3030, and now have a wholly separate cab model called the B3000. They lump it with the other premium -30 series B tractors, too, even though it doesn't end -30. And near as I can tell, specs are almost identical to the 3030. So what gives?

Also, it appears there is a new BH77 that works with both these two (3000 Cab and 3030) B models. Whereas the old BH76 did not fit the 3030Cab, I believe.

AStanton
08-05-2011, 09:24 PM
If I remember correctly, the new B3000 is made for a Kubota sub frame to mount a backhoe better. The rear end of the 3000 looks the same as my 3030--that is on the fly.

Volfandt
08-05-2011, 11:24 PM
AStanton is right, the new B3000 Cab can now accept the BH77 BHoe. The B3030 cannot. One would have to go w/a Woods BHoe if one wanted to mount one on a cabbed B3030. I don't know if the MMM can remain mounted when the BHoe is mounted.

More on the new B3000. It is the new replacement for the B3030. Why Kubota did away w/the 2 digit suffix and didn't go w/a higher number is only known to them. It's confusing to say the least. In this case the lower number = newer :D

The new B3000 comes in 3 flavors, open station, basic cab version and delux cab version. The open station is VERY similar to the B3030, the main changes are basically ergonomic, i.e. more curves and slopes to the front hood, FEL arms and redesigned front access covers. I think the engine may be alittle differnt to meet teir 4 standards but I'm not sure, it is still a 4 cylinder diesel.
The basic cabbed version has one major change, it replaces the position control function (PC) on the 3ph w/quarter inching control (QIC) valve. This is very baffleing to many.
The delux or cold weather model retains the PC and add's a rear defroster, wiper and external lights as std.
So if one wants PC on the 3ph he'll have to go w/the delux model.

B3030's are still available as new but thats until the stock runs out. In some cases one can get a better deal on the B3030 cab (w/PC) than the new basic B3000cab w/QIC. I expect Kubota's website will do away w/the B3030 soon.

I climbed all over a new B3000 delux (HSDCC I think) and I likie very much. I'm glad they stayed w/the treadle pedal as I'm totally used to the one on my BX23. I don't have to thnk about moving my foot from one pedal to another to change directions, I either just simply shift my toe back a few inches or rock my heal back, basically my foot really never leaves the pedal.
The B3000 I was looking at was sitting next to a B2620 and BX2360 on the lot and altho it is a much bigger machine, it didn't look "that" much bigger, in other words, I think it would make a great "cadillac" finish mower for me :D :D
Oh, and they still retain the full ground contact MMM as opposed to changing to the dully suspended MMM like the new std B's have.

Any and all addtional info is encouraged :D
Dave

Sidponcho
08-06-2011, 06:59 PM

6 months later....now the quote is $16,100.......loader and filled tires

bridgeman
08-07-2011, 12:55 AM
Here in Oregon, the 2620 with LA364 loader and BH65 backhoe is $15,900. And no sales tax (not even on meals in restaurants!). And another $700 off for cash.

Guess the difference is the added freight costs to get the things from the West Coast port of entry across the country to you guys in Yankee land.

UrbanTractor
08-07-2011, 08:03 AM
...Guess the difference is the added freight costs to get the things from the West Coast port of entry across the country to you guys in Yankee land.

Hmmm?

Kubota - Gainesville Georgia Manufacturing Facility (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzCo4Ev8H-U&feature=related)

Sidponcho
08-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Hmmm?

Kubota - Gainesville Georgia Manufacturing Facility (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzCo4Ev8H-U&feature=related)

That video says "up to 22HP tractors are made in this facility".......probably just the BX.

15,200 for a cash deal on 2620 with LA364 loader and BH65 backhoe?? I find that very hard to believe....but I been wrong plenty of times! :trink39:

UrbanTractor
08-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Oops, posted the wrong:

Kubota Oakwood Georgia Manufacturing/Assembly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLR6PdSWgn0&feature=related)

But it may well be that West Coast units come directly from Japan.

Also, yeah, that sounds like the price with just the loader. If that includes backhoe, I'd like to know their price for a BX25?

Sidponcho
08-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Thanks! Cool videos.

Regardless of where the B is made, the configurator on their web site shows:

$23,906 for a 2620 with loader and backhow.

$15,200 would be an $8,700.00 discount

bridgeman
08-07-2011, 11:50 AM
I pulled the numbers from the print-out given to me about a month ago, at our local dealer, Mid-Valley Tractor in Eugene, OR. On the B2620 line, I took the total with everything listed on that line to be the number in the far-right column. Upon closer inspection, I see there's a separate price of $6300 for the backhoe, middle column. My bad, if I read the sheet incorrectly. But I specifically remember the dealer saying mowers were included in the BX units I was interested in (for the total, right-hand column price), and they all had a separate middle column price shown as well. So if I messed up, it's because of an inconsistency in the price sheet I'm looking at, combined with what the dealer told me.

"I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong" (!)