Has anybody ever made their own Loader Quick Hitch? [Archive] - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

: Has anybody ever made their own Loader Quick Hitch?

phlegm
09-17-2010, 01:39 PM
I've got 2 older tractors with loaders, both need to have some the attachment pin locations 'redone' to remove the slop that has worn into them over the years of use. And for a while I was thinking about just welding in more material with the right sized hole in it (or locking rings). But the more I thought about it and from looking at new tractors I was wondering how hard it would be to re-engineer the bucket attachment points so I could quickly change from a bucket to a blade to a bale spear.

The bucket and blade would have their own frames but for the bale spear I think I'd just order a replacement spear with locking ring and build that into the quick connect/disconnect framework that stays attached to the loader.

Something pretty much just like this:
http://static.zoovy.com/img/panrack/-/S/skid_stear__bobcat__adapter__tractor_loader_adapte r_3

Has anybody ever made something like this or know of any commercially available ones? I assume there is no commercially available ones because there is so much variance in loader widths and bucket mounting styles..

Thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks,
-ron

doodlebug
10-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Hey Ron, go on e-bay and look in the skidsteer loader section and look for bucket mounting bracket's, I just build my own anymore. Lot's of option's for adding attachment's to your loader's. Hope this help's! Later, doodlebug.

phlegm
10-03-2010, 01:00 AM
I'll try and get my neighbor to help me fab up something. It's just that I have 2 loader tractors, each with a bucket, but I'd like to make a quick change bale spear and push blade that would easily swap between the 2.

My brother-in-law has a bobcat, so I could measure his and duplicate it so, if the need ever arose I could use bobcat attachments..

You got any pics of your stuff that I could look at?

thanks
-ron

doodlebug
10-03-2010, 01:26 AM
Hey Ron, I'll have to try and take a few picture's tomorrow.

The thing with using bobcat bucket's, they are available through auction's-help's save you money and cutting edge's will be available for replacement's. Plus rental store's have a selection too, think used market! Later, doodlebug.

doodlebug
10-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Hey Ron, the first picture is a modified 42'' bucket for my Cat 246B skidsteer, the second one is a modified 4n1 bucket into a dump-able hopper conversion-think tag team with a mini excavator! Later, doodlebug.

phlegm
10-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Not that I want to run right out and buy one of these.. but the adapters to make any implement a 'quick attach' for things like bobcats exist

Construction Attachments Weld-On Quick Attach Plate allows you to convert any bucket or attachment to fit a Universal or Skid Steer Style Quick Attach Hitch. Simply cut the ears off your existing attachment, weld-on this plate, and you have a quick attach hitch.

http://www.everythingattachments.com/Weld-On-Skid-Steer-Universal-Quick-Attach-Plate-p/cal-uniplate.htm

about $230 for the weld on portion..

phlegm
10-04-2010, 04:25 PM
well now I just feel dirty.. I am looking at a different tractor lately (a kubota l4150 with bf900 loader) and while I was searching for loader specifications I found this.. which is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for (but for my current tractors)

http://www.erskineattachments.com/attachments/frontend-loader-converter/100-012-000/

doodlebug
10-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Hey Ron, that's good yer doin' yer homework! The adapter's for the bucket's arn't hard to make at all, after the first one, it's easy. I made some jig's for the upper vee, the lower bar goes on after the top end is welded up, then clamp to the loader adapter and tac the bottom bar in place. The fun part is figuring out where to cut the slot's in the bottom plate. Hope this help's! Later, doodlebug.