mitsubishi cut [Archive] - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

: mitsubishi cut

indy864
03-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Good Morning!
This is my first post! I'm a new member. I'm looking at a Mitsubishi mt2100d with loader. It's a 4 cyl recon. It seems to be a lot more tractor for the $ than a Yanmar. I'm planning to pull the trigger this week. Anyone have some itput (or output). Thanks, INDY.

Water boy
03-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Not sure about the tractor, I am sure someone here will though.
:MTF_wel2:

WB

DJ in WV
03-14-2010, 12:29 PM
:Welcome1:

I didn't know that Mitsubishi built a tractor. Be sure to post some pics when you get one.

This might prove to be an educational experience for many of us here that don't know about them.

indy864
03-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Google had about 25 different mitsubishi cuts

mark777
03-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Good Morning!
This is my first post! I'm a new member. I'm looking at a Mitsubishi mt2100d with loader. It's a 4 cyl recon. It seems to be a lot more tractor for the $ than a Yanmar. I'm planning to pull the trigger this week. Anyone have some itput (or output). Thanks, INDY.

Well, before you pull the trigger I have to say that Mitsubishi makes a fine tractor! BUT, parts support and (technical support) is very difficult to come by for these machines.

Another problem I should mention is the fact that it's being sold as a 'Reconditioned' tractor. Typically (almost always) this indicates that it's been assembled from wrecked, burned out and salvaged tractors from Vietnam. So, reconditioned usually means new paint, good used tires, battery and seat. IF something mechanically fails, will the dealer take care of you? Does he offer a substantial warranty period (longer than 90 days)?

Mitsubishi does offer a nice platform, better ergonomics and most have their smooth running small four cylinder diesel engines. And in many cases nicer features than most other Japanese tractors. The reason Yanmar does so well in this country is it's simplistic design, rugged, durable reputation, AND parts and dealer support..

:goodl: Mark

hankosaurus
03-16-2010, 01:06 AM
A very good friend of mine here in north Georgia has a handsome little Mitsubishi CUT. I asked him about it when I started looking for a little tractor a few weeks ago. He characterized it as a good machine which he likes very much. But he went on to say that he is not happy about the difficulty he has experienced in getting parts for it when something has gone wrong. I shied away from a used Mitsubishi CUT based upon his report.

indy864
03-16-2010, 05:05 AM
A very good friend of mine here in north Georgia has a handsome little Mitsubishi CUT. I asked him about it when I started looking for a little tractor a few weeks ago. He characterized it as a good machine which he likes very much. But he went on to say that he is not happy about the difficulty he has experienced in getting parts for it when something has gone wrong. I shied away from a used Mitsubishi CUT based upon his report.

Thanks Hank,
Tell your buddy to check out "best used tractors.com". There's a place in Vir. in the parts section that I have been recomended to. If I go ahead with this, I'll have you put me in touch with your buddy since my tractor is going to N.Ga. too-Dawsonville.
Fred:fing32:

hankosaurus
03-16-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks Hank,
Tell your buddy to check out "best used tractors.com". There's a place in Vir. in the parts section that I have been recommended to. If I go ahead with this, I'll have you put me in touch with your buddy since my tractor is going to N.Ga. too-Dawsonville.
Hello Fred.

Thanks. I'll let him know about bestusedtractors dot com. I suspect he is a little less interested in the Mitsubishi lately, as he has recently acquired a Kubota 34.7 hp 4wd unit which he likes more than a little. At first, I was wondering if he might sell the Mitsubishi. I never got to the point of asking.

I'm curious. If you're in SC, why Dawsonville? If you move to Dawsonville, we will almost be neighbors.

hankosaurus
03-16-2010, 05:47 PM
That site is best-used-tractors.com for those who wish to link to it. When bestusedtractors.com did not work, I Googled it and found the right one.

:)

indy864
03-16-2010, 06:31 PM
That site is best-used-tractors.com for those who wish to link to it. When bestusedtractors.com did not work, I Googled it and found the right one.

:)

Hank,
My old home place is located on Lake Lanier 6 miles from the outlet mall at 400. My family has had property there since the Cherokee nation. Yeah, I want to live there. Things hopefully are working in that direction.

unknown
03-16-2010, 07:41 PM
Hello indy. Just tractor parts in apple valley Ca. 760 240-3336 is a good place for parts. John is extremely Helpfull and has been a great help. I just finished a restoration on a Mitsubishi mte2000d. All I have left is to paint it. In my experience it has taken some time to get parts. Parts are rather expensive as compared to other machines but the quality and design of these machines have been very rewarding. some of the neet stuff is axle seals ride on sleeves which can be changed. it took about 8 months to complete, working on it when parts came in. Some parts were not avaliable but were easily fabricated at home with scrap parte ie. old length of radiator hose and mud flap. if you should have questions on availability of parts for any make of tractor john will be glad to assist you. i will always call him first before purchasing a used tractor.

indy864
03-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Hello indy. Just tractor parts in apple valley Ca. 760 240-3336 is a good place for parts. John is extremely Helpfull and has been a great help. I just finished a restoration on a Mitsubishi mte2000d. All I have left is to paint it. In my experience it has taken some time to get parts. Parts are rather expensive as compared to other machines but the quality and design of these machines have been very rewarding. some of the neet stuff is axle seals ride on sleeves which can be changed. it took about 8 months to complete, working on it when parts came in. Some parts were not avaliable but were easily fabricated at home with scrap parte ie. old length of radiator hose and mud flap. if you should have questions on availability of parts for any make of tractor john will be glad to assist you. i will always call him first before purchasing a used tractor.

Thanks for your help!!

tiger9297
03-26-2010, 05:50 AM
Well, before you pull the trigger I have to say that Mitsubishi makes a fine tractor! BUT, parts support and (technical support) is very difficult to come by for these machines.

Another problem I should mention is the fact that it's being sold as a 'Reconditioned' tractor. Typically (almost always) this indicates that it's been assembled from wrecked, burned out and salvaged tractors from Vietnam. So, reconditioned usually means new paint, good used tires, battery and seat. IF something mechanically fails, will the dealer take care of you? Does he offer a substantial warranty period (longer than 90 days)?

Mitsubishi does offer a nice platform, better ergonomics and most have their smooth running small four cylinder diesel engines. And in many cases nicer features than most other Japanese tractors. The reason Yanmar does so well in this country is it's simplistic design, rugged, durable reputation, AND parts and dealer support..

:goodl: Mark

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have looked at a number of Yanmar tractors in the past. However, I have never bought b/c I have been afraid of not having adequate parts and dealer support. Where are the Yanmar dealers? I can honestly say that I have never been driving down the road and passed a "Yanmar" sign, with Yanmar tractors sitting on a lot. I'd love to have one of these tractors, but I wouldn't even know where to go to find an oil filter, much less engine/tractor parts.

mark777
03-26-2010, 06:41 AM
Scott's tractors sell and support both domestic and grey market Yanmars and they're located in MS. I just did a quick Google search and found them...although I've never heard of them until just now: http://www.scotttractorparts.com/page3.html

There are several dealers (some who are members here at MTF) who ship parts and support the Grey market Yanmars. And many of those dealers sell quality used Yanmar tractors.

Finding a dealer is as important as finding the tractor. Someone who sells these tractors should support them, both with technical assistance, inventory and parts service.

Mark

indy864
03-26-2010, 07:27 AM
Scott's tractors sell and support both domestic and grey market Yanmars and they're located in MS. I just did a quick Google search and found them...although I've never heard of them until just now: http://www.scotttractorparts.com/page3.html

There are several dealers (some who are members here at MTF) who ship parts and support the Grey market Yanmars. And many of those dealers sell quality used Yanmar tractors.

Finding a dealer is as important as finding the tractor. Someone who sells these tractors should support them, both with technical assistance, inventory and parts service.

Mark

Thanks Mark,
WEEELLLLLLLLL I pulled the trigger!
I'm at my cabin in Dawsoinville Ga. this AM. I'm going to get the man's permission to post his info about his little tractor business. HE IS THE REAL
DEAL. He reconditions John Deeres, and he sells and repairs Yanmars and Mitsubishi. He is a Christian man. He lives on a small farm 3 miles off I-85 in Concord NC. He sells his tractors on Craigs List - Charlotte, NC. The picture of my 2100d is still up. But I will send pictures as soon as I come up for air.
I'm gettin ready to move some dirt and lake trash!
Drove from Greenville to Concord to Dawsonville yesterday pulling this baby. I'm watchin the sun rise right now. Will probably crash and burn tonight.
I will post all the info I get as often as I get it.:thanku: Fred

Nick Jansen
04-16-2010, 12:21 AM
Good Morning!

I have an 1982 Mitsubishi/Satoh S670D , This is the best tractor I have ever had. This is a 4 cylinder diesel with power steering. I bought it brand new an currently have around 1300 hours, hard hours which include light logging. My brother just picked up a Mitsu. S470 4x4 3cyl. diesel it has 400+/-. Overall Mitsubishi is a very good choice. The engines last much longer than the other brands of small tractor diesels. In my never so humble opinion!