Wingnut’s “To do list” Or “When I get around too it” [Archive] - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

: Wingnut’s “To do list” Or “When I get around too it”

Wingnut
04-09-2005, 07:17 AM
This summer the projects are already piling up and it barely spring!

These are my plans or projects this summer:

Remove cedar trees, scrub brush, and trash from creek (in work 1325 ft. left to go)
Tear down and remove old shed. (30 % complete)
Build new workshop where old shed was (planned)
Fence around 15 acres, (more brush clearing) (5% complete)
Double size of patio and tile it (75% complete)
Flower bed remove RR ties and replace with Limestone (90% complete)
Replace axle on small trailer (planned)
Replace both axle and add leaf spring to my tractor / car hauler trailer (planned)
Clean out my portable building of my ex-wife’s stuff and dump at her place (planned)
Finish the last room in the house (the offices area) (5 % completed tore out old carpet)
Build tractor shed (planned)

My plate is already overflowing this summer, I am glad I don’t have a real job!

So What is y'alls list for the summer?

Picture of my office currently:

slipshod
04-09-2005, 09:44 AM
That should take care of the morning. What are you doing this afternoon?

Argee
04-09-2005, 12:37 PM
I here you... now that most of the snow is gone I was walking around the property looking at what I have to do this spring...If I look at everything, it's overwhelming....so I just look at one project at a time....keeps me calm :D

Archdean
04-09-2005, 12:45 PM
This summer the projects are already piling up and it barely spring!

Picture of my office currently:

Hey Wing, Just curious how was the VCR movie?? :fing20: :trink39:

Wingnut
04-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Hey Wing, Just curious how was the VCR movie?? :fing20: :trink39:
That was Half-Life 2 a video game with more fun and violence than Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2 put together!

simple_john
04-09-2005, 05:42 PM
my projects...
finish up the garage.. almost done...
then yard work.. i did nothing at all in the yard all year so i plan to spend some quality time with it this year...

mostly sitting on my butt by the pond.. smoking cigars watching the dogs and cutting the lawn...

Erin
04-30-2005, 12:33 AM
Oh boy -- where do I start?!

1. Finish kitchen -- delivery of appliances and them all hooked up and working properly! (hopefully this will be done by the end of next week)

2. Want to get rid of all landscaping rock and put in grass on sides and back. Up front will be mulch. (hopefully this will be done by the end of next week!)

3. Crown moulding the entire house (this is a must too)

4. Clean garage (this is a must)

5. Re-shingle roof (oh yeah, this is a MUST MUST!)

6. Scrub outside of house (Will be done when the shingles get done)

7. Get rid of child's sand play box (who knows when)

8. And maybe take out the ugly bush/tree thing in the front yard. (who knows when)

This is just for starters

Carl
04-30-2005, 12:09 PM
My office looks like yours Wingnut. When you figure out how to clear it up tell us so that I can have a chance to clean mine up.

(I can recognize neat when I see it. I just can't figure out how to get there!)

(By the time that everyone claims what they don't want to throw away there is nothing to throw away!)

Erin
04-30-2005, 12:37 PM
(By the time that everyone claims what they don't want to throw away there is nothing to throw away!)

Oh I know the feeling! My office is in the garage - I love it out here! The only thing is it is jammed pack full of crap -- since my dad died I have the things of his that I kept -- including an old but small desk - and when I moved my grandparents I have some of their crap too -- not to mention I have file cabnits - an extra dining table (which I have puzzles all over - but haven't quit seen for a while for all the stuff on top of it!) and an entertainment center tha holds all of my books and my shot glass collection --
I was thinking that instead of spending $60 a mth on a storage shed, why not just get a little ready-made one and put it out back - but we already have a rubbermaid one and dont know where we would put a new one -- I just hate wasting money on a storage building when I can put that money towards my own building out back......

Ugh -- what to do - what to do!

slipshod
04-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Erin,
Think "YARD SALE"

Erin
04-30-2005, 05:43 PM
I already did that -- this is the stuff that I am keeping! lol I just need to get it organized into boxes and put away neatly then I may be ok -- but it'll be tight! There is definitely not room for a car in here! lol'

Carl
05-01-2005, 11:24 PM
But if Erin sells the yard there will be less room to store things.

I know the feeling Erin, wife's parents died and we got some of the stuff. Mom sold the farm and we got some of the stuff. Only where do you put all the stuff.

Wingnut
05-21-2005, 01:25 PM
The shed has been around since 1979, with leaks, neglect, and a nest of rattlesnakes under the floor. I have taken the trailer load of crap to the dump and put anything of value into a Morgan Portable Building.

Wingnut
05-21-2005, 01:28 PM
The building needs to come down, I can get cash for the Aluminum Siding!
The Building was only a 12X18

Wingnut
05-21-2005, 01:32 PM
There was 70 gallons of marine paint I will probably dump it on the ground and let it dry and used it for a moisture barrier and pour a slab over it!

The floor is rotted out and snake are making a noise, there going to meet Mr. Mossberg tomorrow.

Wingnut
05-21-2005, 01:41 PM
So do any of y'all guys want to come by and help and enjoy the balming 95+ weather?

jodyand
05-21-2005, 01:46 PM
So do any of y'all guys want to come by and help and enjoy the balming 95+ weather?

I have that here too. Just got finish with the yard i think i have drank about a gal of water and sweated 2gals. Man i wish i had a pool to go soak in. Maybe turn the water sprinkler on and go sit in the middle. Its HOT :eck16:

Archdean
05-21-2005, 02:48 PM
"The floor is rotted out and snake are making a noise, there going to meet Mr. Mossberg tomorrow."

If it were this Cowboy I dare say I would have gotton around to of arranged that meeting YESTERDAY!!:trink39:

Wingnut
05-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Yesterday in the cool of the day I laid tile and I am 1/3 finished with that project.
I razed to storage shed (****** off a lot of wasp, dirtdabbers, scorpions, centipede, spiders, rattlesnakes, and a armordillo), 1/3 finished with that project also!

Today 100% of my muscle are aching for only complete 2/3 the work yesterday

chrpmaster
05-23-2005, 10:35 AM
The shed has been around since 1979, with leaks, neglect, and a nest of rattlesnakes under the floor. I have taken the trailer load of crap to the dump and put anything of value into a Morgan Portable Building.

Slip
That building does look like a good candidate for tearing down. Being a yankee I was wondering at first how you were going to get rid of the rattlesnakes and the only thing I could come up with was "very carefully" :bonk: then I saw the Mossburg comment.

I was also wondering what a Morgan Portable building was. Is that like those semi trailors they sell for storage buildings or what? Just wondered - I'm always looking for more storage.

Thanks
Andy

Wingnut
11-08-2005, 09:35 PM
How did I do on the summer projects:

These were my plans or projects this summer:

Remove cedar trees, scrub brush, and trash from creek (in work 860 ft. left to go)
Tear down and remove old shed. (completed)
Build new workshop where old shed was (planned)
Fence around 15 acres, (more brush clearing) (25% completed)
Double size of patio and tile it (complete)
Flower bed remove RR ties and replace with Limestone (completed)
Replace axle on small trailer (completed)
Replace both axle and add leaf spring to my tractor / car hauler trailer (planned)
Clean out my portable building of my ex-wife’s stuff and dump at her place (planned)
Finish the last room in the house (the offices area) (50% completed)
Build tractor shed (planned)

My plate is already overflowing this summer and I did get a lot done but the work on the TO-30 changed my priorities.

So how did y'all do on your summer projects?