After four years of having issues with the mound septic system at my place I finally just bit the bullet and had a complete new pump system installed in my tank with a new controller installed. The issues I had were the old floats would last a year and fail which would take out the pump and then over flow into the back yard.
In December the county sent me a not so nice letter saying that all systems in my neighborhood had to comply with new rules and that I had 2 months to comply, so I called a approved company that was listed and had them do a complete in tank replacement with a new pump, transducer, risers, new baffles, filter and a complete new electrical system with new controller. The whole system is now electronic controlled so no more clunk from the old mechanical controller. I was really surprised that the new controller is silent compared to the old controller. The reason I wanted new electrical hook up as the old electric system was direct burial of the lines to the back side of my new garage and I knew that this was not code. I also wanted the electrical hookup into the houses breaker box.
I hired the company after they sent me a bid that was a bit high priced but they also had a 3 year warranty on everything they did. I also signed a contract with them to perform yearly maintenance for five years (I am required to have yearly maintenance by the county as this is one of the new rules)
I did save some money as I did all the digging in my back yard and I will do the finish work as I did not want the cost of having someone else do the digging when I had my JD 2305 with a backhoe. When my electrician (who happens to be my neighbor) showed up he ask me where was the tench and I said where do you want it and how deep, he laid it out and I went to my tractor shed and got the 2305 out and he said I cheated him, I asked why and he said "I figured that you were going to dig it out with a shovel"
The finish work can be done next spring after our winter rains are over.
So the cost was $550.00 for the tank pump out, $2600.00 for the new system and my sparky (electrician) was another $500.00
The rest of the system including the tanks, the plumbing and the mound were in great shape and passed all test as required by the county.