mitsubishi cut - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 09:43 AM   post #1 of 16
MTF Junior Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south carolina
Posts: 6
MTF Member # 39765
Default mitsubishi cut

Good Morning!
This is my first post! I'm a new member. I'm looking at a Mitsubishi mt2100d with loader. It's a 4 cyl recon. It seems to be a lot more tractor for the $ than a Yanmar. I'm planning to pull the trigger this week. Anyone have some itput (or output). Thanks, INDY.
indy864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-14-2010, 12:08 PM   post #2 of 16
Senior MTF Member
 
Water boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 172
MTF Member # 24976
Default Re: mitsubishi cut

Not sure about the tractor, I am sure someone here will though.


WB
__________________
Kubota B2320 With FEL and BH, 5' backblade and 4'brushhog(gift from the wife!)
Water boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2010, 12:29 PM   post #3 of 16
I Love All Color Tractors
 
DJ in WV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 20,248
MTF Member # 10462
Images: 6
Default Re: mitsubishi cut



I didn't know that Mitsubishi built a tractor. Be sure to post some pics when you get one.

This might prove to be an educational experience for many of us here that don't know about them.
__________________


Challenge Met

MyTractorForum.com House Rules

Looking for a Technical Exchange Article? Here's an Index!

My YouTube Page

My Equipment:

1970 Gravely C10A
1972 Gravely 816
1973 Gravely Model C8
Eight other Gravely C's, L's, and LI's
1978 Massey Ferguson 1655
1981 Troy Bilt Horse, 7HP Kohler
1982 Gravely 8123
1983 Troy Bilt Junior
1988 JD 950, 75 Loader, 8A Backhoe
DJ in WV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2010, 01:21 PM   post #4 of 16
MTF Junior Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south carolina
Posts: 6
MTF Member # 39765
Default Re: mitsubishi cut

Google had about 25 different mitsubishi cuts
indy864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2010, 07:08 PM   post #5 of 16
Administrator
 
mark777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: S.E. TX
Posts: 11,129
MTF Member # 252
Default Re: mitsubishi cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy864 View Post
Good Morning!
This is my first post! I'm a new member. I'm looking at a Mitsubishi mt2100d with loader. It's a 4 cyl recon. It seems to be a lot more tractor for the $ than a Yanmar. I'm planning to pull the trigger this week. Anyone have some itput (or output). Thanks, INDY.
Well, before you pull the trigger I have to say that Mitsubishi makes a fine tractor! BUT, parts support and (technical support) is very difficult to come by for these machines.

Another problem I should mention is the fact that it's being sold as a 'Reconditioned' tractor. Typically (almost always) this indicates that it's been assembled from wrecked, burned out and salvaged tractors from Vietnam. So, reconditioned usually means new paint, good used tires, battery and seat. IF something mechanically fails, will the dealer take care of you? Does he offer a substantial warranty period (longer than 90 days)?

Mitsubishi does offer a nice platform, better ergonomics and most have their smooth running small four cylinder diesel engines. And in many cases nicer features than most other Japanese tractors. The reason Yanmar does so well in this country is it's simplistic design, rugged, durable reputation, AND parts and dealer support..

Mark
mark777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2010, 01:06 AM   post #6 of 16
Playin' In The Dirt Again
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 189
MTF Member # 39137
Default Re: mitsubishi cut

A very good friend of mine here in north Georgia has a handsome little Mitsubishi CUT. I asked him about it when I started looking for a little tractor a few weeks ago. He characterized it as a good machine which he likes very much. But he went on to say that he is not happy about the difficulty he has experienced in getting parts for it when something has gone wrong. I shied away from a used Mitsubishi CUT based upon his report.
__________________
.
Hank
A little Green Deere, a little Red Dirt, and lots of Rocks ...
hankosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2010, 05:05 AM   post #7 of 16
MTF Junior Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south carolina
Posts: 6
MTF Member # 39765
Default Re: mitsubishi cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankosaurus View Post
A very good friend of mine here in north Georgia has a handsome little Mitsubishi CUT. I asked him about it when I started looking for a little tractor a few weeks ago. He characterized it as a good machine which he likes very much. But he went on to say that he is not happy about the difficulty he has experienced in getting parts for it when something has gone wrong. I shied away from a used Mitsubishi CUT based upon his report.
Thanks Hank,
Tell your buddy to check out "best used tractors.com". There's a place in Vir. in the parts section that I have been recomended to. If I go ahead with this, I'll have you put me in touch with your buddy since my tractor is going to N.Ga. too-Dawsonville.
Fred
indy864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2010, 03:19 PM   post #8 of 16
Playin' In The Dirt Again
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 189
MTF Member # 39137
Default Re: mitsubishi cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy864 View Post
Thanks Hank,
Tell your buddy to check out "best used tractors.com". There's a place in Vir. in the parts section that I have been recommended to. If I go ahead with this, I'll have you put me in touch with your buddy since my tractor is going to N.Ga. too-Dawsonville.
Fred
Hello Fred.

Thanks. I'll let him know about bestusedtractors dot com. I suspect he is a little less interested in the Mitsubishi lately, as he has recently acquired a Kubota 34.7 hp 4wd unit which he likes more than a little. At first, I was wondering if he might sell the Mitsubishi. I never got to the point of asking.

I'm curious. If you're in SC, why Dawsonville? If you move to Dawsonville, we will almost be neighbors.
__________________
.
Hank
A little Green Deere, a little Red Dirt, and lots of Rocks ...
hankosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2010, 05:47 PM   post #9 of 16
Playin' In The Dirt Again
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 189
MTF Member # 39137
Default Re: mitsubishi cut

That site is best-used-tractors.com for those who wish to link to it. When bestusedtractors.com did not work, I Googled it and found the right one.

__________________
.
Hank
A little Green Deere, a little Red Dirt, and lots of Rocks ...
hankosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2010, 06:31 PM   post #10 of 16
MTF Junior Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south carolina
Posts: 6
MTF Member # 39765
Default Re: mitsubishi cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankosaurus View Post
That site is best-used-tractors.com for those who wish to link to it. When bestusedtractors.com did not work, I Googled it and found the right one.

Hank,
My old home place is located on Lake Lanier 6 miles from the outlet mall at 400. My family has had property there since the Cherokee nation. Yeah, I want to live there. Things hopefully are working in that direction.
Fred
indy864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2010, 07:41 PM   post #11 of 16
MTF Junior Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: nevada
Posts: 29
MTF Member # 38050
Default Re: mitsubishi cut

Hello indy. Just tractor parts in apple valley Ca. 760 240-3336 is a good place for parts. John is extremely Helpfull and has been a great help. I just finished a restoration on a Mitsubishi mte2000d. All I have left is to paint it. In my experience it has taken some time to get parts. Parts are rather expensive as compared to other machines but the quality and design of these machines have been very rewarding. some of the neet stuff is axle seals ride on sleeves which can be changed. it took about 8 months to complete, working on it when parts came in. Some parts were not avaliable but were easily fabricated at home with scrap parte ie. old length of radiator hose and mud flap. if you should have questions on availability of parts for any make of tractor john will be glad to assist you. i will always call him first before purchasing a used tractor.
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2010, 07:47 PM   post #12 of 16
MTF Junior Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south carolina
Posts: 6
MTF Member # 39765
Default Re: mitsubishi cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Hello indy. Just tractor parts in apple valley Ca. 760 240-3336 is a good place for parts. John is extremely Helpfull and has been a great help. I just finished a restoration on a Mitsubishi mte2000d. All I have left is to paint it. In my experience it has taken some time to get parts. Parts are rather expensive as compared to other machines but the quality and design of these machines have been very rewarding. some of the neet stuff is axle seals ride on sleeves which can be changed. it took about 8 months to complete, working on it when parts came in. Some parts were not avaliable but were easily fabricated at home with scrap parte ie. old length of radiator hose and mud flap. if you should have questions on availability of parts for any make of tractor john will be glad to assist you. i will always call him first before purchasing a used tractor.
Thanks for your help!!
indy864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2010, 05:50 AM   post #13 of 16
Senior MTF Member
 
tiger9297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 141
MTF Member # 10594
Images: 3
Default Re: mitsubishi cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark777 View Post
Well, before you pull the trigger I have to say that Mitsubishi makes a fine tractor! BUT, parts support and (technical support) is very difficult to come by for these machines.

Another problem I should mention is the fact that it's being sold as a 'Reconditioned' tractor. Typically (almost always) this indicates that it's been assembled from wrecked, burned out and salvaged tractors from Vietnam. So, reconditioned usually means new paint, good used tires, battery and seat. IF something mechanically fails, will the dealer take care of you? Does he offer a substantial warranty period (longer than 90 days)?

Mitsubishi does offer a nice platform, better ergonomics and most have their smooth running small four cylinder diesel engines. And in many cases nicer features than most other Japanese tractors. The reason Yanmar does so well in this country is it's simplistic design, rugged, durable reputation, AND parts and dealer support..

Mark
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have looked at a number of Yanmar tractors in the past. However, I have never bought b/c I have been afraid of not having adequate parts and dealer support. Where are the Yanmar dealers? I can honestly say that I have never been driving down the road and passed a "Yanmar" sign, with Yanmar tractors sitting on a lot. I'd love to have one of these tractors, but I wouldn't even know where to go to find an oil filter, much less engine/tractor parts.
tiger9297 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2010, 06:41 AM   post #14 of 16
Administrator
 
mark777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: S.E. TX
Posts: 11,129
MTF Member # 252
Default Re: mitsubishi cut

Scott's tractors sell and support both domestic and grey market Yanmars and they're located in MS. I just did a quick Google search and found them...although I've never heard of them until just now: http://www.scotttractorparts.com/page3.html

There are several dealers (some who are members here at MTF) who ship parts and support the Grey market Yanmars. And many of those dealers sell quality used Yanmar tractors.

Finding a dealer is as important as finding the tractor. Someone who sells these tractors should support them, both with technical assistance, inventory and parts service.

Mark
mark777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-26-2010, 07:27 AM   post #15 of 16
MTF Junior Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south carolina
Posts: 6
MTF Member # 39765
Smile Re: mitsubishi cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark777 View Post
Scott's tractors sell and support both domestic and grey market Yanmars and they're located in MS. I just did a quick Google search and found them...although I've never heard of them until just now: http://www.scotttractorparts.com/page3.html

There are several dealers (some who are members here at MTF) who ship parts and support the Grey market Yanmars. And many of those dealers sell quality used Yanmar tractors.

Finding a dealer is as important as finding the tractor. Someone who sells these tractors should support them, both with technical assistance, inventory and parts service.

Mark
Thanks Mark,
WEEELLLLLLLLL I pulled the trigger!
I'm at my cabin in Dawsoinville Ga. this AM. I'm going to get the man's permission to post his info about his little tractor business. HE IS THE REAL
DEAL. He reconditions John Deeres, and he sells and repairs Yanmars and Mitsubishi. He is a Christian man. He lives on a small farm 3 miles off I-85 in Concord NC. He sells his tractors on Craigs List - Charlotte, NC. The picture of my 2100d is still up. But I will send pictures as soon as I come up for air.
I'm gettin ready to move some dirt and lake trash!
Drove from Greenville to Concord to Dawsonville yesterday pulling this baby. I'm watchin the sun rise right now. Will probably crash and burn tonight.
I will post all the info I get as often as I get it. Fred
indy864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Compact Tractor Reviews Tractor Reviews Snowblowers Lawn Mower Forum
My Tractor Forum Snow Thrower Power Equipment Forum
Combine Forum Snowblower Forum ATV and UTV Reviews