My Tractor Forum banner

troy bilt serial number

26K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  TexMexGardener 
#1 ·
Ok guys I did some cleaning on this old tb tiller 6hp tecumseh and found the serial to be 209119. Any help on identifying the model and year would be appreciated.

thanks

#3 ·
On the right side on the top of the transmission was stamped Serial number with an arrow pointing down to the small ledge below it. That was the only number there. Thanks for your help, I'll keep cleaning and looking. On the front of the transmission was stamped TD or O 1007

#4 ·
With a 6 HP Tecumseh, it's a "Horse" model made probably before 1980 or thereabouts, could be a lot older, but not much newer than that.

#11 ·
I've read all I can and still can't figure out model Number & year. Top of trans housing is TH1003. Left side of housing is 2109GT G. Below that is a B. Below that is 2995 Not tags or other documentation on this 'gifted' tiller. 20" spines & a Kohler Magnum 8 that will run.
Help please

#22 ·
First you have to figure out the year of your machine. Look on the engine for a serial # stamped on it. You can find the year for the engine. The tiller will be the same year normally. Troy bilt will want the model and serial #. which you don't have. They can tell you by the year what model # it was and you can get an owners manual from them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.