My Tractor Forum banner

How can I get rust stains off of a driveway

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Olds455 
#1 ·
My boss has a wall that leaks onto his driveway... it leaks and the hot top is stained with rust colored stains.

We tried pressure washing the stains with 'Zep' hot top/cement pressure washer soap and my pressure washer...

it did not help..
we tried bleach, and another solvent/cleaner MTP (i think is the name)

but nothing worked...

any suggestions on cleaning the rust stains off of the drive?

#6 ·
Argee said:
There is a product called CLR that we use primarily for lime removal but it works on rust too.
ive heard of that stuff... ill try that out...

As for resealing the driveway: we considered that...

but the wall still leaks... so it would just restain...:fing20:

We sealed the wall and filled the cracks and painted the thing with a 'waterproof' paint... not sure if it will still leak...

not sure why.. but theres no drain at the base of the wall and its a retaining wall about 6 Ft high in spots.. so it cracked in a few spots and leaks at the base.. hes planning on replacing it next year...

#8 ·
ROF ROF ROF ...must...resist......hitting...submit...reply...bu

#12 ·
I like the muriatic acid myself. I've used it on concrete a few times for all types of stains. I've never tried it on asphalt, though.

Make sure you wet down the driveway first. If you don't, you could be exposed to some very strong and overwhelming fumes :eek:mg: . Apply the acid and sweep it into the driveway with a push broom. Let it set for about 5 minutes and then hose it off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.