My Tractor Forum banner

PTO Rod Bracket

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Richard-tx 
#1 ·
On the left hand handle bar brace there is a piece of angle iron that is used to hold the PTO lever rod in place when it is engaged. Mine was missing when I got the tractor as the previous owner had taken off the brace to run the muffler out that way. My PTO slowly disengaged when I have it working and I need to fabricate the bracket. Looks like a small piece of angle iron with a small v notch in it that the rod moves in. Can some one measure theirs and let me know what dimensions it is so I can make me one. This is for the 5000 series tractors.

#2 · (Edited)
The angle iron is just angle iron. There is no notch in it from the factory. Any notch that was in it was due to wear.

Here are a couple of pictures

Dimensions will come tomorrow but I think it would be easy to extrapolate the stock dimensions based on the pictures.

The pictures were from a 5665 that saw almost 100% snow blade duty. The front PTO had not been used very much at all.

If you don't have the 1/4 twist bit of flat bar, you will need that too.

#3 ·
Thanks that is what I needed to know. I did have to fab a twisted bracket out of 3/8 x 1" steel bar. I used the one from the other side as a template. Clamped on in on the table and heated it with a torch and twisted the bar 90 degrees and then drilled the holes. Just need the angle iron now. I guessing but it looks like compared to the size of your twisted bracket that the angle iron is about 1" angle. Just guessing but probably about 3 inches in length maybe 4 at the most.

#4 ·
The angle is 3.750 long and measures a little over 1" and is about 1/16" thick

Grqvely wants $5 for the 1/4 twist bracket and about $10 for the bit of angle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.