LTX 1050 Bagger and Mulching Questions
Just recently got a Cub Cadet LTX 1050 and have a couple of questions regarding the bagger and the mulch plug.
1. What's the deck baffle for that we had to install?
2. Can the deck baffle remain on the deck when we put the mulch plug back in and use the tractor for mulching?
For questions 3,4 and 5: The kit came with the blades, so we have the high lift blades if we need them. We share the mower in the family living on the same street but the leaves falling in the yard varies. He's ready to bag, but we could still mulch for a couple of more weeks. It would be nice if I could just take the chute and tube off and stick the mulch plug back in.
3. Anyone using the standard blades with the triple bagger? Results/comments?
4. Anyone using the high lift blades to mulch? Results/comments?
5. The bagger setup had you install a deck extender where the grass shoots out. With this bolted on though, the mulch plug doesn't fit exact anymore. It's binding up on the bolt at the top when trying to push the left side in. The right side goes in ok. It looks like if we trim the plastic where it's hitting the bolt on the deck, we could possibly get the plug in. The plug would still be out about an inch and a half and closing the flap would no longer lock the plug in place. We would almost need a bungee cord going across the plug to make sure it doesn't come out. Any solutions for this? Thoughts/comments?